David's PSYCHOFRAME

That’s amazing :star_struck: consumption is insane indeed compared to our “toy” boards :joy:
What would you estimate the range at?

7 Likes

Thats beyond anything else. Love the handle for your heel side turns :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think because the speed is wrong then the consumption is also wrong. Eg the board thinks it’s only travelled half the real distance but knows how much energy it put out, so the consumption per km would be doubled

5 Likes

Very nice write up!
Super interesting to see how you put that beast together and which troubles you had to overcome.

ABS over current can be caused by many reasons. If it’s coming from the motors, it helps to rise up the Absolute max current value a bit, but I think in your case that’s already pretty maxed out.
Other source could be some lose plug/connection or bad solder joint.
There are other sources, but those are the two most common I think.

2 Likes

As @mr.shiteside said I think Wh/km is not correct, neither speed nor distance, because set gear ratio is wrong. I mean it’s a two stage gear reduction and I don’t know what to set as motor sprocket et wheel sprocket to make calculations true.

But at 20S 22000mAh range is good : more than 45 min of fun, and my legs are dead! Ride ended with about 3.90-3.92 V/cell.

I didn’t feel anything strange when riding. I can’t remember what I was doing when getting this ABS_OVER_CURRENT. Maybe that was when I put front drivetrain into a trench and tried to get out of it going reverse. But I can’t see so much amps (352 or 384) anywhere when looking at the curves on Metr logs. I’m a bit concerned because as @Andy87 stated (thank you!) I’ve read some bad connections or bad solder joints can be involved in this kind of error. But in that case I think I’d get more that one. I can not set Absolute Max Current higher (420 amps) unless I use no limit firmware. Jens told me his settings with VESC 75/300 : “Vesc is set to 300amps on motor and battery , absolute max is around 500amps”. :hugs:

Does anybody know why in Metr app 4 is written in red in records but only 1 fault has been recorded?

When I ride big bumps it’s the handle that keeps me alive! When I turn heel side, the white part between my trousers and my hoodie is not a piece of shirt it’s my ass :sweat_smile: Wife told me but I didn’t want to believe her until I see the video.

6 Likes

Forgive the handwriting but I think this is right for gear ratio. The two stages are in series, so you can express them as fractions and multiply them together. 8:33 should give you an accurate speed reading, if you put in the right wheel size

I got the tooth count from the original post

8 Likes

Alright…. How did you talk your wife into letting you buy this? :joy::man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I didn’t tell her before… No possible other way. :grimacing:

Thanks. So false entered gear ratio value was 10/59. Wheel size was set correctly : 29 cm (actually not really accurate because it’s 27.94 cm). Corrected values with GR 8/33 are :

• top speed : 31.5 km/h ;
  • distance : 6,06 km ;
  • consumption : 88.7 Wh/km.
14 Likes

There’s a chance I’m still wrong because the small gear in the second stage is hidden in the back a bit, but those numbers look roughly right now. Seriously cool machine, I’m very happy people (ok, person) have bought them

4 Likes

45 min is plenty for a beast like that :smirk:

3 Likes

That Wh/km is not as good as I thought it would be with the qs motors. I build a go kart with 4x 6384 motors for reference and the consumption is about 70 Wh/mi. I thought that was bad and that’s roughly twice the efficiency if I converted the units correctly… I had planned to make another go kart with two of the qs1000 motors but I may rethink that since range and efficiency are a big consideration… How does the power feel like?

4 Likes

But I’m not sure entered gear ratio is correct. According to my latest Metr log with 8/33, calculated speed and GPS speed do not match at all.

Actually, first stage is 12/22 and second stage is 8/12 : global gear ratio is (12/22)*(8/12) = 8/22 = 0.36363636363 ???

I’ve been kicked off this place. It’s considered as “natural area” and it’s expected that grass comes back.

I’ve found another place where there are several rainwater retention basins. It’s amazing they are like bowls for psychoframe.

Il couldn’t record footage there…

I have fallen there. My back just slept on the grass it was not painful. It was easier than expected to stand up again on the beast. Thanks to the handle. I didn’t see my phone got out of my pocket so I needed to come back later to find it. :hugs:

9 Likes

The numbers are flipped in you division…2.75:1 would be the final gear ratio or 22/8. Interested to see what metr logs look like once this is corrected.

4 Likes

^this, would 100% be interesting to know the real wh/mi

3 Likes

I am building 6 rain water retention basins, I sure hope they attract a wild pscyoframe, I’d love to see my work used that way.
The medium that is specked is different here I suspect. It is designed to retain hydrocarbons/filter the water, gets replaced every so often. The one I finished in Oakland is huge, sadly never have I seen anything so cool running around in it. Now there is hope( it’s at San Pablo ave at Mac Arthur,) just in case you get kicked out .
If I see you in it , I’ll turn up in a cat 375 and defend you from mall cops, homeless and feral Karen’s.

5 Likes

Really cool !! I hope you come to some JRCV ride in france to show off your beast, all the MTBs will look tiny next to this

1 Like

Thats a pretty low reduction for 20s but also you’re using in runners so everything I know goes out the window lol

4 Likes

With correct gear ratio and correct wheel size :grin: :

MOTOR CURRENT 200 AMP
ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM CURRENT 420 AMP
BATTERY CURRENT 250 AMP

Fuck poor video quality on YouTube…

3 Likes

@DavidC
What current settings ended up working for your VESC 100/250? Are there any official maximum save settings?

1 Like

It’s only terrible quality for about 15 minutes or less, until their ETL software goes through and does its thing.

1 Like