DAVEGA X Updates

I have. Some people have apparently tried etching anodized aluminum dog tags but the vids are not very good. It’s not clear what laser they have, how long the etching took, and the results look rather mediocre.

1 Like

Hm. Yeah… I have to imagine that it would require a decently pricey desktop etcher to get good results but I have no experience with it at all.

Those are what I mean. They have a laser as well as a spindle

71nr23kN4FL.AC_SY355

3 Likes

Yes… Check it out… Daly SMART BMS Manual and documentation | DIY Solar Power Forum

1 Like

Hey, Not sure if you’re still interested, but just upgraded my Davega to 5.01 and it went smoothly, even saved my config. Everything looks good on the board, I turned on bluetooth in the experimental section, but now I don’t know how to get the info from the LLT BMS :smile:

1 Like

I went to the new 5.x rc1 firmware and I had a few reboots after one startup. It started rebooting in a loop about 3 times… then stopped. But that got me concerned, so I rolled back to the previous stable firmware.

1 Like

Have you looked into a fiber laser machine ? They can be had for little money directly from China.

Bigger screen! Yeeeeees! Or smaller davega? Would it be possible to make the aluminum housing measure the same on all sides? This way in landscape it wouldn’t look like it prolly belongs in vertical orientation

3 Likes

That’s certainly unexpected. Did you enable bluetooth? That would more likely be a reason for the restarts than the newest firmware.

Yes, as I said, though – while affordable, these machines are usually bulky since they require cooling and exhaust system. I don’t really have space for that. I would prefer a small diode laser if I can find one that manages to etch aluminum reliably and at a decent speed (doesn’t need to be super fast but I can’t wait an hour for a one small logo either).

For the most part, the housing shape is driven by the display PCB and I’m not in control of that one.

With the current display the symmetry could only be achieved by making the top part wider. I don’t think people would appreciate bulkier design though.

4 Likes

I improved the support for LLT Power Smart BMS in FW v5.02 (not to be confused with VESC FW v5.02). Here’s a quick demo:

8 Likes

Quick question, is there any way to select which MAC address the davega pairs too? At any given moment I have 4-8 batteries in my home with LLT bms in them :sob:

3 Likes

Not at the moment. However, if you temporarily move all the unwanted BMSes outside of the bluetooth range so that there’s only one that the DAVEGA can connect to, once it connects it will remember the MAC address and will go straight to it on the next boot up. (With the latest FW that is.)

3 Likes

I spent some time on the https://davega.eu/ website today, bringing things up to date. I also did a little bit of polishing on the front page. There’s now a full-width carousel at the top showcasing some of the awesome builds (I had to cherry pick ones where I had a picture with a suitable format). I’m happy with how it came out.

I realised I don’t have much content for the gallery of close-ups. If anyone has a nice picture they would like to share that would be much appreciated. Cheers.

5 Likes

I can give you some closeups I’ll send you an email, what email address should I use?

3 Likes

The success of this product can almost entirely be attributed to it’s name. Your efforts are noted though Jan.

9 Likes

Hm, success… Do you mean the fact I have managed to camouflage unlimited hobby time as a profitable business for more than 16 months? :thinking:

10 Likes

May I suggest you move the Purchase button to the very left? I think that’s what people are most used to + interested in finding first :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It has always bugged me that it is so “difficult” to find a way to purchase it.

Purchase button at the very bottom of the page and the bottom of the dropdown menu.

Most put the the top or very near ^^

3 Likes