DAVEGA X Updates

What I meant is that these haven’t been engraved yet (they don’t have the DAVEGA logo and the button labels). The flaw would likely be less visible after the engraving.

Still, I think it makes most sense to try to get them fixed first.

1 Like

Willing to hold onto the best few for those of us who would rather not wait?

2 Likes

Sure, but hurry. Just order black and put a note. I can do a custom engraving for those who order the flawed housing as a small compensation.

2 Likes

then you get the guy with the 42 letter name… :laughing:

As long as they don’t want their address engraved when they are from Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Llanfairpwll­gwyngyllgogery­chwyrndrobwll­llantysilio­gogogoch :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Okay, you asked for it. Here it comes.

Testers needed. Any volunteers with a DAVEGA and LLT BMS?

21 Likes

so excited for Benjamin to finish UART BMS

1 Like

YES. Me. :smiley:

You’re a legend btw. :smiley:

2 Likes

i’m in ! From France :wink:

2 Likes

Yes I will be running a 15s discharge BMS in the winter

1 Like

I got both!

1 Like

Great that we have testers! You guys can get down to business straight away.

Here’s what to do:

1. Install the latest (unstable) firmware: v4.09rc3 v4.09rc5
  2. Go to Menu > Misc > bluetooth and enable it
  3. Restart
  4. Profit

After the restart, as the DAVEGA boots up, it will activate bluetooth and start looking for the LLT BMS. It starts printing the MAC addresses and the advertising data of the nearby bluetooth devices.

Once the advertising data of the LLT BMS is matched, DAVEGA will connect to it and you should be able to see the BMS data on the BMS screen.

Now, I’m not entirely sure if I implemented this part correctly since I haven’t found any information about the advertising data and so I’m not sure if it’s the same for all types of the LLT BMS. So I’ll need your help here.

If the DAVEGA cannot find your BMS, please find your BMS MAC address. One way to do it is to look it up in the Xiaoxiang app:

Then if you see DAVEGA listing the BMS MAC address without trying to connect to it, please take a picture of the screen that includes the advertising data on the line right after the MAC address and send it to me. I can then adjust the matching. Cheers.

10 Likes

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem to be listed. Have you tried multiple times? Any chance of moving the DAVEGA closer to the BMS?

It is listed (the last one). Mac address is reversed.

1 Like

Oh damn, this is going to be a challenge. The BLE receiver from the BMS sits in a full CF enclosure, I can barely connect to it if I hold my phone right up against it.

You may need to get yourself a longer cable for the BT module and route it out of the enclosure. I think the module might fit into the DAVEGA angled baseplate nicely. And the proximity to DAVEGA would be near optimal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This only works for LTT and not ANT right? I’m only asking because both use the xiaoxiang app

I think the BLE module would even fit under the flat baseplate. I’m rebuilding this board anyway, I might try this, cuz I quite like it having it flat.

2 Likes