DAVEGA X Updates

I don’t know where else to put this but I wanted to ask, what have others done on the DAVEGA for installation in terms of routing the wire under the deck? I used a rubber pad and made a cavity to allow the wire to route through but recently someone had a pretty bad experience having 8 titanium bolts completely snap off without running into anything. The conclusion it came to be was a DIY riser. I’m not too keen on removing mine since I want to keep the DAVEGA routed this way.

1 Like

There is no way that “without running into anything” is the complete story. 8 titanium bolts don’t simply just snap.

My personal guess off the top of my head is that it was a thicker foam that was quite soft, resulting in way more bending loading on the bolts than there should have been.

Anyway, it looks like you used a harder rubber, and in your situation it looks like normal riser pretty much. I think your implementation is great and you should have nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

Thanks for the comment. It sounds very relieving. I did lots of research before installing this so I’m hoping its safe

1 Like

That looks good to me. I had pretty much the same thing on my old board and it worked well. Now I have a custom riser. The cavity takes both loop key wires and the DAVEGA cable. There’s enough space for both.

3 Likes

Man that XT-90 is gettin a workout in there

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s squeezed a little bit but it’s OK. The good thing about it is that it holds in place with no glue at all. As long as I can still plug the loop key in, I’m happy. :slight_smile:

(Ignore the rubber bands. First idea was that those would be somehow attached to the trucks so that I can unplug the loop key without the risk of loosing it. I rethought that later though.)

2 Likes

gotta have your board braced right? :laughing:

not gonna lie my first one was just like that. Glued it into a random hole in a piece of wood tho.

Loving this new davega x!!!

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! Yeah I didn’t want to have to change anything at all. It looks beast with it how it is!

11 Likes

I have a Landyachtz EVO 40" and it has a curve on the front wedge that causes my mounting plate to bend. If I clamp down my trucks fully with the mounting plate the davega will have either a 3mm gap on the end that isnt fully tight, of 1.5mm on both ends if I carefully screw down the screen box. Ideas on how to solve this? Quick and dirty would be to only use the top two mounting holes for the truck and mount the bottom two truck bolts through the deck directly, since the davega doesnt weigh much this shouldnt be an issue, otherwise I’d have to print a spacer or something like that.

That looks great, man! Congrats. Do you mind if I use some of your pics in the davega gallery?

1 Like

Yeah that would be great! Would love to have the photos on there. Plan on shooting some video with an ankle mount as well like the other guy recently but with my 360 cam instead.

1 Like

Here it is on my EVO:

It has a little bit of the same problem but definitely nowhere near 3mm gap. Moving the baseplate as close to the tip as possible should help to mitigate it.

4 Likes

I received today. Installation was easy. I got hooked right away :laughing:

6 Likes

How long did shipping take?

@janpom

I’ve just installed a davega X that was sourced from bioboards As it didnt work with FW5.1 out the box I updated it to the latest firmware and now I just get this error

Any clues?

Edit - I get this with all three of the V3.1 firmwares

Edit 2 - I went with the last V2 firmware and it works

2 Likes

Please read the https://davega.eu/user-guide

Your firmware major version must match your bootloader major version.

1 Like

In other words. Flash the newest bootloader from davega.eu to use FW3.x.x

3 Likes

Is it worth doing this if V2 works fine on 5.1?

It fixes the memory errors and the davega don’t waits for the data from the vesc and automatic backups, but if you don’t have issues, just leave it as it is. (Me FW 5.1 and 2.0.4)

2 Likes