DAVEGA X Updates

It will work correctly for displaying the ESC telemetry. Reading the Ubox BMS data would probably be possible with some work on the firmware side. I haven’t looked into this yet.

2 Likes

It works fine with the Ubox, just have to make sure to use the custom firmware from ubox for correct voltage readout

5 Likes

You should have someone in the uk to get these out, will work out better for us brits without paying to much customs and taxes

In b4 someone tagging Anubis

2 Likes

How do you connect it to the ubox? I thought it only has 12v output so do you have a stepdown converter for 12v to 3.3v? Does this take up the connections for the light and horn or can you use both of those at the same time with the davega?

1 Like

NO, you simply plug the UART cable in from the davega to UART 2 on the Ubox. just make sure to match up the TX and RX pins

1 Like

Is the UART 2 the UART port on right, meaning the one for VESCB? There is also a UART port for VESCA on left so does it need to connect to both? I don’t know much about these ports sorry. Jan mentioned “Reading the Ubox BMS data would probably be possible with some work on the firmware side” but Skyart, are you able to read the BMS data without any software modification? Just plug in and all functions of the davega work?

2 Likes

correct, just plug it into UART B and everything should work. just have to make sure the RX and TX pins match up

1 Like

@Skyart I don’t believe you get the readings from the Ubox BMS on the DAVEGA or do you? That would only be possible if it used the same communication protocol as the Flexi or DieBie which seems unlikely.

Edit: What I mean is you don’t get the BMS screen.

3 Likes

oh no, i have no idea about BMS. especially since the spintend BMS doesnt even exist yet

2 Likes

Oh, doesn’t it?

Because @moddedlife said:

Does that mean there’s this capability prepared for when the spintend BMS is available?

2 Likes

correct

2 Likes

image image I don’t actually have the ubox spintend so I included some images from ubox to show that the ubox is able to display the bms data on the remote. I am interested in getting the ubox pro which will have more features than the ubox and will work with their bms. The ubox pro and bms will come out around April. I’m hoping to get a davega to work with both of these but not limit the number of light I can control by taking up one of the ports. Skyart mentioned that he cannot see the BMS screen which is what I want. With this compatibility uncertainty, I am not sure if I should order the davega now or wait for ubox pro and bms to come out and how complicated/fast could the firmware be adapted to work with it? At the same time, I was thinking of getting it now because I am worried about the davega selling out. Do you think you will still have stock in April or could it be a 1-2 month+ backorder?

1 Like

This is a pretty cool and unique feature that they’re gonna implement

1 Like

I know I am so excited for the ubox pro and bms! I think this will become the most popular vesc. They will be making a new remote with 1 more button added. In addition to the headlights and horn, the pro version will have front and back turn signals, break signals (I’m assuming this is an auto break tail light)! I shared the led strip I have for the underboard and the Spintend guy said I will be able to control that too with the remote! If I can control the HL, TL, led strip, horn, turn signal all with this new remote and still have a port free on the ubox pro to connect the davega and have the davega read the bms data and have room for the metr pro to get GPS functionality and time for the davega then this will be a dream come true!

2 Likes

Might be dumb question, but I know with the 1.1 the documents surrounding it were very clear that 5v was bad for the Davega, so we wired to the 3.3v. is this no longer an issue with the new version?

2 Likes

Dude GET YOUR BREAD. This product is insane. I showed your product to some people outside of the esk8 world and thought I paud over $250 for it based on looks and feel in the hand alone. Maybe I’m biased because I already bought two at the old price. Either way, you deserve more money. Congrats on the site!

13 Likes

Have you thought about offering more anodising options in the future? This could also be used to further justify the increased price. Purple, Green, Orange and Blue for instance.

2 Likes

Website looks good, I scrolled through it and seems everything works properly like you mentioned :metal:

I just remembered I still have to install the hardened screen you sent me :man_facepalming: been busy as of late and the weather has not motivated me to get the board in shape yet. Once I got time I will nstall it and take it for a ride.

4 Likes

The problem is that it’s really expensive to do the anodising in small batches and there’s not enough interest to make big batches possible.

I had 30 pcs in red done in the last batch. This is a different red than before, closer to orange.

I’m thinking of having a new color done with every new batch of housings. Maybe blue for the next one. Or we can have a poll about it.

6 Likes