Davega X Issues - Please Help!

Having an issue with a Davega X unit that was delivered today from SKP. I am not familiar with the differences between Davega X and the SKP spec Davega X, so this topic might entirely be irrelevant should the issue lie solely with the SKP spec units.

The core issue: The PCB/screen sandwich doesn’t want to sit flush/parallel with the metal housing.

I’ve made sure that the button nuts are oriented so that the flat parts are parallel. That’s not the issue. There doesn’t seem to be enough clearance, height-wise, to fit the PCB on the button (front) side.

Even if I gently force it into place (forcing the PCB :grimacing: ever so gently downwards), the LCD still doesn’t sit flat/parallel to the glass.

Any suggestions? See the photos and video below.

1 Like

^ The side of the nut surfaces are aligned and parallel to the PCB ^

^ When fully inserted, the PCB doesn’t sit flush, but is held at an angle ^

^ The LCD doesn’t seem to be properly fixed into the carrier PCB, which might explain why the PCB sandwich isn’t sitting flush in the enclosure?… (Because the unit is thicker than intended?) ^

I think you need to force it a little more to the left and then push the right side down. It should click in.

2 Likes