Cutting a Second hand Switchblade?

I’l try to mount it drop through so no “X” I’m afraid :slight_smile:

You may find you need to put the mounting holes a little further forward depending on your trucks and wheels. Just worth remembering.

1 Like

Why is that?

1 Like

Because of the shape of the deck it is prone to wheelbite. Give your intended setup a go with loose trucks to make sure you get the clearance.

1 Like

It’ll be a DD setup, so very large trucks, isn’t it?
Just presuming as I’m waiting for the whole stuff to be delivered

You should have no problem with a DD setup.

With a setup that requires a mount, you will usually need an extension, unless the drive is really small.

i.e. (search for Riser Extension)

1 Like

I’ve seen some DD with drop through mount, so I’ll try to go this way.
Hopefully it will be ok…

DD’s are fine with drop-through decks.

There’s a lot of variables in that statement Haha

When you say direct drives. You mean like torque boards direct drives? Because I’m pretty sure these will foul on the deck with drop through. Or am I miss reading?

More like elofty but yeah

Elofty, if you keep it in double king-ping mode, should be fine I think. Been contemplating going with that exact setup on mine, I think it will be a perfect combo!

3 Likes

That switchblade seriously took me by surprise. Never stood on a more natural feeling deck.

6 Likes

Y.E.S.

10char

Switchblade decks and similar decks are great. Yay for dropdown decks

1 Like

Beautiful deck and people seem to like it a lot, so had to get one!

I would suggest you reinforce the tips with resin and fibers to make sure your cut doesnt create a stress crack in the wood from vibrations

3 Likes

I run my eLofty in a drop-thru configuration in the DKP front truck, but I run my rear truck without the middle piece of the DKP truck, so it’s like a TKP?, and mount it under the board with about 12mm risers, so I get a split angle setup, (50-35) very stable, but easy carving and no wheel bite or drive fouling the deck.

3 Likes

Could we see a picture of this? Sounds cool.

2 Likes

Ok… gimme a second, I’ll post the setup on the elofty thread!

2 Likes