Custom Subsonic Century 40" Issues x2

Hey Bill! Thank you so much for your input and support, I appreciate your words and gesture. :grinning:

Thank you, I totally agree.

1 Like

Gosh, your words sure do ring an alarm bell, I sure hope that Subsonic is not going out of business, they generally make real cool stuff, I was super stoked reading and seeing and riding my friends Century 40’s.

1 Like

Good question. I emailed Anne @Subsonic at 3pm PST today, no reply yet. I will keep this post updated to future resolution.

1 Like

@ahrav do you remember what you paid for the board and enclosure (i think you got in on the group-buy…) I can’t find the thread or the base price… it was spendy, but well within reason… I just can’t remember the actual
:money_with_wings: :moneybag: :dash:

2 Likes

Yeppp… $360 for board + enclosure + mounting stuff n gasket bleh bleh bleh …

The works as u would say :eyes::eyes::penguin:
Spendy indeed… only to sell it for $200 2 months later :doughnut:

Twas but a fool… alas

3 Likes

@kook
Fer yah

2 Likes

yeah when yours went up on the @CiscoV recycler block I wanted to buy her so… so much… but I had two identical sisters under the GF’s bed…

:bed: :eyes: :dash:

1 Like

Kinda the only question really. Gotta give them a chance to sort it properly (Albeit a second time :man_facepalming:)

3 Likes

where is the solved button?

2 Likes

Hey there kook, thank you for your comment. Yes indeed, I clearly communicated this to Subsonic via email. Waiting for a response.

This is also true, 2 times I have received poor quality decks from Subsonic, my intentions for this post are exactly as you stated, along with my 1st sentence in my original post above:

The purpose of this topic is to share my experience of purchasing a new hand crafted longboard deck and enclosure, to learn from you all in requesting your advice, and to help companies improve their products and services.”

1 Like

@BillGordon - @kook and I reckon we can lock it down now. :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry it was long - May have skim read

1 Like

0DD077D9-125E-4038-80B2-63D14D492D71

you’d have infinitely more pull with the @mods if you take my name off the recommended resolution…

@BillGordon thinks I’m a k00k…

3 Likes

All vendors should know that customers want fiber skins for the aesthetics, not the performance metrics. This is something I didn’t initially consider.

1 Like

:sparkles::unicorn::dash:

3 Likes

Fakkkk (Serious) missed it… tis LAte I’ll
Flag :beers::doughnut:

1 Like

the rest of us live in the real world

1 Like

I can appreciate that for sure, however being that this is my 2nd iteration of a Century 40 deck, and both have been poorly crafted, I was less inclined with waiting for a reply to my email to Anne @Subsonic sent 10.5 hours ago. I know it’s Friday, bit still I wanted to get with this community to help me feel out this situation so I could have guidance if/when I am presented options. Everyone needs a big brother right? :sweat_smile:

Thank you for your support!

Thank you again, I sure do hope you and your fancy pitchfork are not aimed at me! :wink:

2 Likes

People pay a lot of attention to aesthetics specially for their decks around here and they should especially when they drop 265$ for a deck. Wouldn’t you think that an item that looks half baked could be poor I. Quality too? I don’t necessarily share this view but I can understand it. If function was the only concern, I would buy a split angle deck from skateshred and call it a day.

3 Likes

Is that where unicorns come from?

1 Like