Custom hexagonal deck grip vendor?

There was a custom custom board shaped hexagonal deck grip vendor who I think was mentioned on here about a year ago. I lost the store name though. I think they were based in the US. Does anyone know who they were?

1 Like

There are a few that sell the hexagonal grip tape. If you are looking for standard, Id recommend mboards, but if you are wanting squishy/foam grip, go with dopegrip

Hexagonal grip tape looks super cool but I will warn you, in my experience it begins to peel pretty quickly

2 Likes

You looking for padded or not padded?

1 Like

A ruler and a pair of scissors can turn any griptape into hexagons.

1 Like

Hexagons are not easy to make though. It is one of those things where paying a little extra to save a ton of time is worth it.

2 Likes

They’re super easy if you do the right math and cut straight lines.

It was padded. It could be custom laser cut to match the outline of a the board. So no cutting required by the end user.

I went through this experence. It really doesn’t stay on well and is not worth the trouble. I tried it once and quickly went back to large single pieces.

2 Likes

an attempt was made to have the best of both worlds. sold it before I really tested if it was enough better though.

5 Likes

@murdomeek ?

sorry, closed shop a while back during covid.

1 Like

Dope Grip does hexagons but my experience is that their adhesive is pretty useless.

2 Likes