Cross Fox - Sportster | BN220 | Bergmeister | 12s3p P42A | Unity

@PedroMcJimenez Figured I should move here so we are not clogging Brad’s thread. I looted the Caliber II pivot cups off my analog board and now I have the Paris V2 baseplate with BN220 hanger and it works! There’s a bit of extra height in the cup and both diameters are a hair loose but it sits fine and now I have the Bergs drop through mounted on the Sportster with clearance, so woot!

2 Likes

Awesome dude! How much did you gain? 3/4" or so?

Btw, sportster is boss

It seems to be around that much, almost enough that I can move the baseplate back by a hole but not quite

Solid
Tempting to put a thread together about wheelbase offsets / compatibility down the road when I have more knowledge.

3 Likes

That would be very good to have, when making weird combinations it would be massively useful

2 Likes

Yes please! That’s something I wish I knew about way sooner before experimentally coming to the realization.

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m putting together a sportster and plan on using bergs.
What are some confirmed trucks that will work drop through without cutting/drilling/etc the deck?
I know the sr rkp 200 work (ebomber build)
I was hoping to either use the bn220 with caliber base plates or kahuas.
Do you guys have any recommendations?

All I can say is BN 50deg baseplates do not work, BN 40deg (top mount) and Paris V2 50deg (drop mount) baseplates do work if you drill a 3rd hole and use the short mounting pattern

3 Likes

Do you think the bn 270s would look too wide on such a short deck?

I personally strongly dislike wide hangers, I only have 270s on my board with a 40" deck and 6.5" wheels

But it is up to your taste, although it would definitely help

2 Likes

Kahuas work :+1:

2 Likes

Goddam she’s lookin’ sexy today :heart_eyes: We got the Paris V2 50/43 baseplates and the Riptide Caliber II cast pivot cups in, and it’s so pretty now…I have it set where at the proper bushing compression for my rising it I have just enough clearance to safely drop mount, and with the 43 degree rear it’s got just enough clearance to have the motor mounts tilted up. Overall quite pleased with this, it’s gonna be wonderful.

The new ride height feels a lot nicer to me and the added 1" on the wheel base should combine to make it a much more stable ride (not that I need it, I’ll never go above 35mph), I think it will ride like a dream.

I can actually ride this upside down, I have about 1/4" of ground clearance at the baseplate and since it’s a double drop the flex doesn’t bottom out…not useful but it’s a proper ultraboard now.

Only caveat is the hangers sit farther in the cups than they are supposed to, it’s off by 2mm so at some point I may have to insert something between the pivot cup and baseplate so it sits farther out, currently the bushings take the load.

Current parts

ASSEMBLED
Deck: Bustin Sportster
Baseplates: Paris V2 (50 deg front and 43 degree rear)
Pivot cups: Riptide 96a WFB Caliber II cast
Hangers: Boardnamics precision 220mm
Axles: Bolt Depot 60mm shoulder bolt
Bushings: Riptide 90a KranK barrels
Motor mounts: Boardnamics precision idler
Motors: TorqueBoards 6374 190kv
Motor pulleys: TorqueBoards 15T
Belts: V Belt Supply 385mm HTD5M 15mm
Wheel pulleys: Custom printed ABS 60T bolt-on
Hubs: Haggy Bergsmeister (orange)
Tires: Haggy Bergsmeister
Bearings: Zealous classic

OWNED
Enclosure: BigBen 9 Two 5 (milk white)
ESC: Enertion FocBox Unity
Bluetooth: METR Unity
Remote: FlipSky VX1
Battery: Molicel P42A 12s3p (flex)
BMS: LTT smart 12s 20A
Power button: Meepo V3 momentary
Charge port: 5.5 * 2.5 barrel jack

7 Likes

Fucker :confused:

4 Likes

hahaha it just happened to me as well… trying to reuse an old Eskating.eu enclosure but then… oh wait, too narrow for the universal heatsink :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I guess she s gonna have to run toasty

2 Likes

After many weeks of neglect the enclosure is mounted, no oversized holes or break through on the other side :grin:

3 Likes

This is so annoying

If you oversize your screw length by a little bit, its really easy to break through, I almost did that in a couple places on my build for YT

I got some bulges but it’s still under the grip tape, I think it will be better with the foam under it and I’ll be able to tap down the bumps

1 Like

yeah same, I had to back off the bolts and press it back down haha

But it should be road ready soon, hopefully the battery is done tonight