Creating a 13s out of Lipos

Hello there.
I want to connect 3 batteries in series to create a 13s battery.
I have 2 batteries of 5s, 5Ah, and 1 battery 3s 4Ah.

What will be a more wise connection? The 3s between the 5s batteries? Or in one of the sides?
Thank you.

Don’t do it.

Sell or use the 3S lipo for a welder battery.

Put the two 5S batteries in series for a 10S battery.

For series connections, you need the same cells. Don’t mix and match. Same make and model and same age & history, is best.

2 Likes

What can it cause?

A fire.

2 Likes

Alright,
Thank you very much☺️ I really wanted to have more opinions before I blow my eyebrows away, honestly, I did have some concerns with that action.
But although, I saw many people that doing it with no any issues, so I’m a bit stuck right now.

There are lots of tiny details that are super important. Get all the details right and it’s semi-safe. Get even one of them wrong and it can be super dangerous.

1 Like

This sounds fine as long as they’re the same lipo with the same capacity. I.e 2 5s 5ah turnigy graphenes and 1 3s 5ah turnigy graphene lipo.

3 Likes

They aren’t, two are 5Ah and one is 4Ah

I’m clarifying a safe use case here

1 Like

They need to be same capacity, same age, same history & same type (brand and type). The S count doesn’t matter as @Evwan said.

That’s for series connections.

For parallel-only connections, you can mix and match. Esk8 batteries are almost never parallel only connections. But if you were to make a 1S15P battery, the 15 cells could be mixed as long as they are the same voltage cells. But not if you then put that in series with other cells, then it becomes not okay.

1 Like

This misleads me a bit.

Do you mean to say I can combine an energy cell and a power cell in the same p-group as long as the voltage was the same and all series groups contain the same cells as eachother?

That’s not ideal, no, unless you kept current flow really low. I wouldn’t do that.

As in under the current limit of the lowest current rated cell as if all cells were of that lowest current rating?