Could someone help me connect my remote to my VESC?

I was wondering if someone could help me trouble shoot my problem with connecting my remote to my VESC tool app (I’m using the mobile version) and subsequently my VESC. I’m creating my first electric skateboard and I’m using the

VX2 Pro remote from M Boards,
A FSESC 4 50A Based on VESC4 from M Boards (but it is no longer listed on the website),
and a FSESC 4.12 50A Based on VESC4.12 from FLIPSKY.

For the connecters:

I have a Bluetooth Module 2.4G Wireless Based upon the nrf51_vesc project to connect the VESCs to my phone,
the Bluetooth module that came with the VX2 Pro remote,
and a CAN connector to link up the VESCs.

For some reason my VX2 Pro remote refuses to connect to the VESC tool app. I have checked the pinning on the connectors, and they seem to be correct. I have switched the APP CFG section to UART and tried PPM and UART. I don’t understand what any of that means, but with some troubleshooting resources it said that it might work. Whenever I try to do the Setup Input on the VESC tool app it never measures any of the inputs. Does anyone know any resources that might be helpful or any ways I can go about fixing it?

1 Like

to be honest I don’t have much idea of what a lot of the components do, or if I bought the right ones. So, if anyone has any pointers for my first skateboard or next one, please let me know.

im not too savy but i recall some times the software version you have can be a problem? try a diffrent version(i got shit for advice), also there is loads of great info,it can be hard to find but its likely already writen down(your answer) somewhere . It might also be an idea to the Beginner Question Thread! 2022 Edition - #103 by Dinnye

Im sure its frustrating as hell,good luck

Have you paired the remote to the receiver? I haven’t used this remote before and i am a vesc tool noob. Didn’t see you mention that so I would check to make sure there is some kind of feedback on the remote receiver (led blink or something). Also make sure to try and connect to the same fsesc as the receiver is plugged into - though it shouldn’t matter it may help eliminate variables