Coronavirus- please be safe

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

@BuildKitBoards

I know I already posted it. But does make me want to dump them all in bleachā€¦ burn the box outside.

Classic fear mongering.

22 Likes

70% Isopropyl alcohol is enough. Spray the shit out of them.

5 Likes

4 Likes

It would harbor in the cardboard most likely if we are being real.

But does make ya wonder.

3 Likes

Hmm. Might be. Justin is probably the most knowledge of us all in this regard.

2 Likes

Legit pulling up to class tomorrow morning on board and with this. Amazon is legit out of stock on n95 mask. Med students recommended them.

14 Likes

Yea respirators protect you. Surgical masks protect other people from your cough (when you already have it)

3 Likes

As someone in healthcare, disinfect items arriving from China

3 Likes

@Agnes_Maytech didnā€™t respond when I wrote her best wishes and good luck either. Looks like sheā€™s under quarantine too. Prolly doesnā€™t have a vpn at home like Jeff seems to have.

7 Likes

I just read an article where it was stated that itā€™s unlikely that the virus is transfered by contaminated items.

My thought on this is that most parcels are taking one month or more to arrive, so the virus would need to stay aktive/alive in a dry environment which Iā€™m not an expert but doesnā€™t seem to be the case if the usual way of transfer is by an exchange of body liquids.

5 Likes

Most parcels ship in airplanes. If the cargo hold is unpressurized the temp/lack of oxygen at 20,000ā€™ would kill anything and everything.

8 Likes

Agreed very very unlikely without a food source and optimal temperature conditions. Some cases popping up in the US too

Stay safe

2 Likes

Afaik, if you donā€™t get properlly fitted for a n95 mask, the mask isnā€™t going to work as well as a surgical mask.

6 Likes

Like the pilot

1 Like

I read the same, but what other masks as well might help with is not to touch your nose or mouth which in some way might reduce the risk of infection a bit non the less.

2 Likes

With it I ask myself the question if itā€™s really a good idea from the US and other governments to ā€ževacuateā€œ their people out of China. Doesnā€™t it increase the risk to bring the virus to their own country?

5 Likes

They are getting quarantined in San Francisco

2 Likes

That makes sense

(We trust our doctors more, itā€™s a gringo thing)

5 Likes

That as well make sense :sweat_smile:

2 Likes