Connectors for motor and motor sensor cables

200 amps should have been a hint :joy:

3 Likes

I am able to get some of these. They don’t have a housing for the solder side of the cables though. and I am not sure if they would click in or be solid enough to not come off. let me know if you’re interested. they’re 3usd per piece when you order a small amount.

I mean the AMASS all in one
Male
2019-12-18-16-13-42-33708
Female
2019-12-18-16-20-3-84765
apparently they can handle “a little vibration”, whatever that means

How much current are the large pins rated for, they look like pretty small bullets…

i’ve checked with amass before about this connector, the male side doesn’t have the end cup version that we use for soldering, they only has the pcb version. the model number for it is ICM150S17PB-M and ICM150S17S-F for male and female respectively if u want to google it urself

they are rated for 20a cont and 40a burst

a little low maybe…
i am also more worried they just pop off running over a cobble road.

Amass stuff usually are pretty tight fit. i expect them to hold under little non constant vibration, but in any case, u can use the bolt hole on the side to keep the connector from dislodging

the male one does not have the mounting wings. even the slightest possibility of the coming off under vibration is a no go for me.

i was expecting u would epoxy the male side in the enclosure, guess i was wrong

Male one would go in the motor. female on the esc. Female has wings and would mount to the enclosure so I don’t understand why you want it backwards

because @frame said you could screw them together against vibration. that’s not possible.

i did not say screw them together, i said

what i meant was, u use the two holes to fix the connector position, so the pair of connector won’t disconnect under vibration
u epoxy the male side in enclosure, mate the female side and find the two holes position, drill through the enclosure, epoxy a nylon under where the hole is, then u can screw in the female side, so it won’t come off even with vibration.

never did i say u screw them two together

i see, yes i suppose you could do it that way around.