Companies tanking, good news?

Rebuilding it right now, been setting it up for racing with an 8s battery and ridiculous bms

1 Like

Oh cool! I always get distracted before bed and start shopping for Mercury slip rings hahahah.

I have to have a prototype motorized caster ready by August ish. Look out I’ll be working on it and posting it on a thread about diy E-Freebords I’ll create.

1 Like

I dont know but i think Evolve killed boosted (in europe atleast).

I still keep some hope that they will survive and have realised its time to innovate a bit. Maybe a big tech company buys boosted and we will see some epic shit happening.

I dunno, as a product designer i really respect their vision to bring superior customer service, i think that far too few companies do it nowadays.

I think its a shame they are going under.

1 Like

Interested to see a motorized caster that doesn’t step on the leif tech patent

1 Like

Evolve killed Boosted? That’s a first!..

1 Like

Yeah imagine, i want a (good) board at that price as a consumer. I can buy a boosted, but for around the same price evolve offers way more range, their boards look agressive and cool as hell (my opinion) and even offer pneumatics for our shit roads.

For just a casual person i feel like the evolve looks like the endgame of boards.

And evolve make sure they are everywhere where boosted is for sale so the people make a direct comparison.

And even the community is taken care of by evolve, they organise a lot of stuff in europe too and seem to actively uphold their fans and people.

2 Likes

@jeffwuneo any truth to Evolve eating Boosted?

Not sure, but Evolve has always had more international influence whereas boosted was a very US based company. Didn’t see as many boosted outside the US

1 Like

But then you won’t personally make more money off of people at your event man!!! Think of the dollars!!

1 Like

No. Evolve only sell 10-20k board. Boosted sell more than 150,000. Boosted fail because they burn cash from try to make scooter and have bad ceo name Jeff.

12 Likes

I think we found the culprit, there could only be enough room for one Jeff :thinking:

4 Likes

I paid out of pocket for my festival even with multiple companies and attendees. When you put that much time and effort into an event, making any money at all is nice. After all, a festival shouldn’t be treated like a free open mic where you get free entertainment and the performer just gets the satisfaction that you smiled?

Oh I’ll be giving @DerelictRobot more than just a smile.

2 Likes

A lot is going on here… First of all I like to share Jeffs opinion that’s not good that such big ESK8 companies go bankruptcy. Not for the the company/employees and not for the customers.

Boosted was and is the biggest brand name in ESK8. But they didn’t invent it nor they were the first company sell them. Evolve was 2009/2010 first selling a larger amount of ESK8s. Also Metro claims to be the first from 2004, but didn’t see any proof of that.

Boosted got a big reputation and attention thru Casey. They never offered much value for what they costed. Especially not in the last 1-2 years. They had a good customer service and invested a lot in marketing. But Evolve also has a good customer service and better performing boards for a just slightly higher price. 2019 after launching the GTR they had in every aspect the better product and the better value. Despite that Jeff says that boosted sells ten times as many boards as Evolve, what could be true, in EU and especially in Germany comes on each Boosted, at least 10 Evolves. The range, top speed and versatility, even the appearance and build quality is unparalleled by Boosted. Not even mention the features.

The market gap, that Boosted and Enertion have left between 1200$ and 1900$ now is huge. I mean you can get for 700$ an Exway or for 1000$ a Backfire G3+ and for 1900$ a Bamboo GTR, but there is not much between them. Also smaller German companies like Mellow, YK, or US companies like Inboard or Jed, are selling almost nothing. I could be that they also will not survive much longer. Just look at Inboard. Metro is also struggling having Evolve as a competitor and being cheaper at the same time. Over 3k you have the boutique brands like LaCroix, Kaly, Bio and Baja fighting for some market shares from a very small cake. And then you have the DIYer where builds are made for every budget, but in general they are about 2k and more in an even smaller niche.

So the only opportunity for new companies to entry the ESK8 market is to position above the Chinese dominated price range of up to 1000$ and bellow Evolve.

Now me as a founder of an ESK8 brand speaking, I saw this in Sommer 2019 coming. Starting with the customer problems of Enertion and the release of the GTR by Evolve, which made Boosted outdated in every aspect. Since there are a bunch of folks who want something better than a generic Chinese board, but can’t or don’t want to afford an Evolve, we decided to enter the market in exactly this price segment and offer those people a board as reliable as boosted with that high quality of customer service and even local available, with the performance specs of an Raptor V2.1. That all paired with the features of an Evolve.

All I can say is, that this task was almost impossible to fulfill, but we did it and even exceed it. Ofc customer service and reliability have to been proved over time, but spec and quality wise we achieved it.

Now time will tell how we will hold up as a company and what unknown problems we will have to face in future. But we are passionate about what we do and try to lern form the mistakes other brands did in the past.

All in all I can say that I think, that the ESK8 business is not the best place to start a company or a good way to make fast money. We did it because we saw the need in the community and thought, that we can do better than what’s available on the market.

So for those of you who are interested in following our story, I will keep you updated from time to time. At the moment we are preparing the launch for spring.

4 Likes

Inboard died a few month back, surprisingly enough, after trying to make a scooter.

2 Likes

That’s right, but they struggled before. They tried to get out of the trouble by entering the scooter market, since this was/is a booming segment.

Oh, chuckles.

8 Likes

Nice nametag

3 Likes

Why don’t you go found an Esk8 brand already.

Gosh

6 Likes

Because esk8 brands find me

4 Likes