Community Board Project X

Here are some pictures of the new bolt pattern. For the “Dark Chocolate” deck we extend nose and tail in addition to the new bolt pattern and have some tests.

Maximum loose trucks and 160mm wheels. Still couple mm air gap.

Maximum loose trucks 175mm wheels. Maximum lean with 90kg /200lbs slightly touch of the wheels. This won’t happen under normal riding conditions, or with tighter trucks. But we will check if we can modify the deck in that area for some mm to be 100% safe.

1 Like

Here is some footage of the a hybrid version of the Titan ProjectX with RKP truck on the rear and TKP on the front.

So how does it ride? After the adjustments of the track with axle spacers to get the same width front and rear, everything was pretty straight forward. It was exactly like expected somewhere between of the ride with RKP and DKP trucks. You get more stability at higher speed compared to the RKP/DKP hybride, but less turnability. The turning radius with RKP/RKP is about 4m, RKP/TKP 2m and RKP/DKP about 1m. Everything tested with 45° BPs. RKP/RKP with 50-52° front BP lowers the turning radius by approx. 1m.

In general I think the RKP/TKP combination would appeal to more riders than the RKP/DKP combo. But since I really enjoy DKP trucks I think I still prefer the RKP/DKP version. My average carving/cruising speed was about 30km/h in RKP/DKP and about 40km/h in the RKP/TKP configuration. With RKP/RKP it tends to be north of 45km/h because I feel the need of a certain speed to get a nible and agil rider feeling. This feeling you get quicker and at lower speeds with a board that has looser truck setup or in general a shorter deck/WB. Since the Titan decks are quite long, they benefit a lot from turny trucks, higher BP angles or a loose fit. However, if you want to reach the top speed of the Titan boards which is ATM more than 80km/h or even north of 100km/h with larger motor pullies, you might still keep it on a RKP/RKP setup.

I also tested a TKP/DKP AT/ST setup on the Sportster F1, which you can read soon in the following Thread: Meet the Sportster F1 - Titan | Psychotiller | Bustin | eBoosted | Molicel | Venom | Moon | FS | Bestech | Metr | Riptide

2 Likes

Did today some test rides with Bergs and the RKP/TKP hybrid setup.

The tire pressure was a little low so it was not as nible as I like it, but otherwise it was a butter smooth ride. The gear ratio was set for over 100km/h, that’s why I didn’t test the top speed. I really like the Bergs as urban wheels. In my opinion one of the best setups you can ride.

Waiting now for the finish of the “Dark Chocolate” deck to have an A/B comparison on all parts.

1 Like

Last update for this year.

The new iteration of the Dark Chocolate deck is done. Nose and tail are longer by 1 inch each. Now it is possible to use 8" wheels on loose trucks without getting wheelbite.

We tried a slightly different color this time, so it looks more like hazel nut or caramel swirl chocolate :smile:
It got also skinned and sprayed logo.

First impression pros and cons:

Pro:
I really like the deck/deck shape and it’s looks. The size in combination with slightly concave and the drops makes it very comfortable for long carvy rides.

The power to weight ratio is in the 12S6P SS setup really nice. The Molicel 50A have plenty of juice for ~100km range on urethan and 60km on AT tires.
The max power output is still 12kW (120A per motor) which is more than enough for every situation on the streets.

The combination of the VESC and the MT V2 Remote is a smooth combination and works great so far. It needs more miles for testing though.

We combined in this version the LLT smart BMS with Metr Pro to have a comparison to the DieBieMS and the Flexi BMS. It is set for charge and discharge, so you always have balanced cells and a wide range of monitoring.

Cons:
The deck is in combination with the enclosure for a flex deck too stiff. We need to add more flex to it for the production series.

At high speeds it get’s wobbly on the current setup. I don’t know yet what it is causing the wobbles. It might by the MBS wheels, or I’m just not used to such big wheels on a RKP. However I probably need to try some different bushing setups for the rear truck to fix this.

The LLT BMS App is not stable. it does not influence the BMS function but you get quite often frozen screens. Does anyone have experience with a fix?

All in all it is a great experience so far. I learned a lot about manufacturing, ESK8s, engineering and business in general this year. Unfortunately due to the Pandemic everything is slower than it should be. But I’m confident that we can launch a great product for the next season.

What comes next?
We are waiting for the helical gear drive to arrive which I would like to offer as an option. We are also working on a new enclosure for the White Chocolate deck. Last step is to take the final decision on the production series parts and stress test them for a while in the final setup.

Finally I would like to say thank you to all of you which are following and contributing to this project. Without you guys and the whole community around it never would be possible to achieve what we achieved so far.

Marry X-Mas and a happy new year 2021

THANK YOU!

6 Likes

Nope it’s just a garbage quality app. I think updates occasionally get published on their site. It wouldn’t even open on Android 10 for a while. I only use the Metr app to look at my battery cell voltages now since @rpasichnyk implemented the connectivity

1 Like

Here are instructions on how to pair LLT BMS and Metr Pro

1 Like

Thank you. I don’t have any problems with pairing the BMS with Metr. It is just a shame that the LLT app is not stable.

1 Like

Highly recommend the “XiaoxiangBMS” IOS app for iPhone users, extremely stable and easy to use. But isn’t free.

Is there one for Android too?

Ya, the crappy (read as unstable) one. You download it from their website

Yeah the free version is really unstable. thought there might be a pro version…

1 Like

Would be nice haha or if they just finish developing it.

looks nice!
What ESC and battery you got under the hood?

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
12S6P Molicel 50A SS and Maker X Dual VESC6.

3 Likes

great choice in parts! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

We’ve started the pre order for the first limited batch of 25 PCS of the Titan Project X Flex aka Dark Chocolate aka Caramel Swirl aka not 100% sure for the name yet :smile:

Pre order price is 2490€ instead of 3490€ full retail price for the 12S6P version.

For the forum only we offer a special DIY pre order bundle containing the 44"x11.5" deck and the 12S6P 21700 SS eboosted/Titan enclosure including a seal, inserts and bolts.

This is a THANK YOU to the community and will be also limited to 25 kits. The price is 299€ + shipping which is less than the manufacturing costs. The full retail price after the limited batch sell out will be 699€.

You can order the deck and the enclosure with our with out Titan logo. Otherwise the deck will be just “raw” painted and clear coted. If you want to skin it, feel free to ask as for the glass frit we played with. We will included to your order.

Stay safe and ride on :call_me_hand:t2:

6 Likes

Is this still alive?

Oof, I completely missed that this project was finally complete and for sale! That deck + enclosure combo deal looked awesome :cry:

1 Like

Its been two years!? My goodness the time has flown.

No it’s no longer alive. I sold a couple boards, but it was not a lucrative business case. So I decided to switch the business.

I’m still riding a DKP Titan Prototype though, which for me is the perfect board.

Yeah man, time is flying indeed…

1 Like