Cloud Wheels/Clone SR Foamies Review

@Mikenopolis

How much more range did you get from these foamies vs pneumatics?

Never actually did real world TB AT wheels battery drain. I do log my rides and put it in my calculator to do approximations. This is what I had for the two wheels. Obviously it does not take battery sag into consideration. The rides are usually 18-24mph with multiple inclines going under overpassed on bike trails.

6 Likes

Less difference than I would have thought, actually.

3 Likes

Interesting. That surprises me. I would have expected the pneumatic tires to go further than the foamies.

So Mike, what were you riding? Have you tried the pneumatic tires on the Revel Kit? Do you have a Revel Kit?

I was thinking about those 160’s for my 4WD Revel Kit. Your thoughts?

1 Like

This calculator seems super useful?! Do you have a link or something to it/how to do it?

@pkasanda my data actually says 18.xx miles for AT wheels and 21.xx miles for Foamies. No Revel kit as I like to have long range without having to swap batteries. I’m doing 20+ miles at a time these days.

@DEEIF the calculator is just an excel form I made where I put in the miles I ride and the percentage shown and it calculates the rest…very rough estimates but I find it as more real world numbers due to riding style and weight. Doesn’t work on phones. Need computer, download the file and open it with Excel. I was going to make it into an app and have it on TestFlight, but just never got around to it.

Link to the xls file here:

My weight is more than I would have thought :joy: :sob:

3 Likes

So what are you riding these days mike? Picture?

Mostly on this build

13 Likes

Nice Job on the build. Good photo staging with the T-Rex.

3 Likes

Those the TB offroad wheels? How are they?? Ive heard mixed reviews

Sheesh that is some esk8 pr0n right there :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I pretty much hate AT wheels unless I have like a 20p battery. The range lost is annoying. The ride feel is good but definitely lose that skateboard feel. I like it because I no longer have to really watch the road as much. Next build is 10s8p so the big wheels will go on that.

2 Likes

Looks like they’re making 105mm versions. If they do feel better than 107s, then yes please. But then again its 105mm… The contact patch does look better.

9 Likes

They definitely do, bigger contact patch is a plus for urethane wheels :+1:

3 Likes

Not surprised TBH. They seem to have been a massive hit and the 105mm version probably weights a lot less then the 107mm abecs. If the 105s weigh the same as a 90mm regular wheel, that would be amazing.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Yes, this does seem to be the case. Big reason I hadn’t jumped on the bandwagon yet. Maybe I will now

2 Likes

Since the weight of the 120mm wheel is close to 107s. I’m curious as to how heavy the 105s will weigh.

1 Like

100mm boas vs 105mm foamies vs 110mm 74a tb

2 Likes

Should be the weight of 90mm’s

1 Like