Cloud wheel 165R concerns

I bought the cloud wheel 165R and put them on my flipsky 15.22 inch dkp trucks. They didnt have the option for flipsky dkp trucks when i ordered them and just picked the first option whixh was the evolve hadean. And looking at the trucks, it seems that all these dkp trucks are exactly the same from looking at them.

Anyways I rode 20 miles and carved the shit out of them. Got home and inspected them. I find on both rear wheels, the bearings on the wheel itself facing the wheel pulley slipped out and slipped into this weird void inside the wheel pulley that sits on the outer side of the pulley. This space in the wheel pulley was to big to hold the bearings that were inside the wheels so served it no purpose.

The odd thing is that when i got the wheels and pulleys from cloud wheel, the pulley bearing on the inside of the pulley and an empty void on the outside of the pulley.

I emailed cloud wheels about it. I’m guessing there’s a language barrier or they just ignored it because they said, “as long as the bearings are mounted well, don’t worry about it.” Wtf? Sent the pictures and obviously they aren’t staying well and its not hard to get these bearings in.

I check the manual for these and nothing says anything about this hole or the design. Any thoughts?

1 Like

this wheel pulley is meant to sit on a stepped axle, so the lip of the step is pushing against the inner wheels bearing

idk man, i could be dead wrong, then i will come up with a save so i don’t look stupid

3 Likes

Ya i was thinking that too. Wished they’d make some clarification. There’s nothing in the manual

Looks like a perfect fit for a bearing?

Do 3 - 4 bearings fit? 2 for the wheel itself and 1 - 2 for the pulley?

u can use the correct size bearing in the pulley, then washer / spacer out the inner wheel bearing, so it doesn’t rattle when u riding

idk man, i could be dead wrong, then i will come up with a save so i don’t look stupid

2 Likes

Ya, looks like it fits those larger bearings. The wheel bearings are the 10x22x7mm. Maybe the pulley should fit a 10x28x7mm?

Ya, I’ve been meaning to dig around my boxes for them, but decided to lay on the couch instead :sweat_smile:

if ur pulley bearing seat is 28mm and u run on 8mm axle, then u can use 638 bearing

2 Likes

Ok, so its not 28mm… :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless: let me see what else i have

Isn’t it ironic that the brand is named “I Wonder” ?
:thinking:

3 Likes