[Closed] [Global] Flipsky 6374 Motors & 2020 200A Enhanced Antispark

Also insides, for science or whatever:

Without the heatsink it’s as thin as 1pcb and a 12awg wire solder. Under my use at 50 battery amps it never got even warm, heatsink might be overkill

4 Likes

That an open offer to anyone? I’ve been looking at all the AS’s and I can’t decide on one. If I can buy 1 or 2 off you it seals the deal and ends that search for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m UK, so probably 2 and yea I would be able to. I’d have to double check on the price but ± 5$ probably.

1 Like

If you’re buying from him, can I piggy back off you and order another one?

Upgrading from bkb 6354 motors I really like the motors…weirdly I stay in the high 20 mph now vs the low 30’s with the bkb. I think it’s not because I can’t hit the 30’s but I like how much torque I have now and I don’t need to have the remote in the fastest mode to make it up the hills doing a good speed. Only put 30 miles on it so far but I think if they hold up quality wise it’s an easy thumbs up from me.

2 Likes

Mine works just fine, the motors it is. But man those things scream like hell at full power. I swear that people across the street give me look while passing by. During daytime it’s acceptable but driving during late hours in the city… Man I am sure I am waking up a lot of people.

1 Like

Foc or bldc?

Is it belt drive?

Metal belt drive to be precise?

2 Likes

I’d be into it too if u do… Ques tho- which one is the “reliable” one? My impression is that all of flipskys escs are a crap shoot qc wise…

2 Likes

The plus is the shittier one because it doesn’t have enough capacitance.

2 Likes

Sure. Shoot me a PM?

:thinking:

I wonder if the same can be said of other antisparks.
Such as Unity or others

2 Likes

Can’t tell if sarcastic or not ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Switches graced by the touch of Gamer43 are forever blessed with good reliability

5 Likes

I saw the way other antisparks were designed…

needless to say, it was quite clear to me why they burn out after a few months.
Or after the first plug in.

Don’t trust aliexpress.

4 Likes

The design is solid, flipsky’s problem is QC. Pretty sure @DerelictRobot had one burn up in his board after 1000km and it actually lit on fire. Not to knock the antispark because I own 2 of them and theyve been flawless so far but it is always a lingering thought in my head that it could randomly encapsulate in flames seemingly randomly.

Sounds like something short circuited internally.

Can’t know for sure without more details.

This was at least 6 months ago, maybe newer batches have been more consistent?

No clue since we don’t know the cause.

The only thing I can imagine without further details is the clamping diode that’s meant to protect the gate driver in case of unexpected shutdown got overloaded and failed shortcircuit.

Tbh its not really possible for a QC issue to only crop up after 1000km

Forgive me it may not have been 1000, but at least 200km? I have the memory of a goldfish but it was a significant amount of mileage.

2 Likes

Oh 200km much more likely to be a problem that existed when he got it. Its probably not his fault, he obviously knows enough not to do stupid shit internally with his builds. Perhaps there was an amperage spike that killed it, flipsky tends to over-rate their products which is actually the primary cause of the negative view of them. If a build is using over like 100 battery amps I think

2 Likes