[Closed] [Global] Flipsky 6374 Motors & 2020 200A Enhanced Antispark

Just don’t kill a perfectly good ESC in the process.

1 Like

The only time this has happened for me is after I struck the shaft end of a new motor to try and remove a pulley.

2 Likes

that is my worry… I’m not the manliest of men… but I feel I should be able to at least nudge the motor into rotation… nope both are locked up butt-ass tight

smoking an ESC would have me exploding my brain

3 Likes

ESC has no chance, then.

2 Likes

Maybe try to open them first? Maybe that movement is possible before you shoot amps through it.

1 Like

I think I’m going to mount 'em on a motor mount and see if I can get any movement whatsoever physically…

I’ve measured inductance on the motors and checked to see if there is a short of one of the phases

all phase run in the mid 20s in uH and no shorts to shaft or can

3 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering if they were locked into braking mode somehow.

2 Likes

woohoo… i mounted one up on a mount… put an old pulley on it and it broke free with a pipe wrench… i’m going to do the same to the next one…

no grinding funny noises or anything… so fucking weird

I’m still going to open them up and have a look see, but at least I may have survived the esk8 lottery for one day

3 Likes

Maybe a rusted bearing or an out of round ball in them?

I think you should let them spin for a long time with nothing attached (just to reduce inertia) and see if it catches

2 Likes

I did spin them all. I even ran detection on a few but stopped because it was taking too long, but id open that up for sure before you hook it up to an ESC

3 Likes

ok kidz…

WTF…

I opened up the motors (both) checked EVERYTHING twice… nothing looks out of place… mangled broken or bent, bearing all roll true and nice… no rust… goop… nuttin… i’m mystified…

the motors look perfect… inside and out…

the only plausible thought is the one that @b264 came up with… when the package was opened (y’all saw the note…) or in transit, the motors were dropped HARD… the outside package was a bit smushed… and the two motor boxes both showed some evidence of mishandling… but the exterior of the motors arrived perfect…

the oval magnets are really interesting and there is only a slight amount of cogging when hand spinning these…

wish me luck I’m gunna throw some amps at 'em…

hold my beer

7 Likes

What an adventure… both motors spin up and the sound is k00l but a bit unusual…

• I got a test battery finished
  • new Mini remote bound and functional
  • a BLE module from @Scepterr up and running
  • maytech 6.6 VESCs set-up on FW5.01 (I woulda tried beta 5.02 but that shit was too buried on Github for me to bother about)
  • and two new awesome motors to thrash about

thanks all for suffering thru this with me!!
and @Anubis @b264 @Scepterr

:rooster: :doughnut: :rooster:

EDIT:
and I forgot to mention the awesome silicone wire on the motors!

6 Likes

That is super weird. Having to break free a motor is never a good thing! Post your motor detection numbers and compare them to the ones @xsynatic has. I would also check the bearings a million times by hand and then the shaft for a speed wobble when lightly running.

1 Like

K00k flipsky

Super weird… I don’t know what it was… But trust me… Not my first rodeo… I looked everything… I mean EVERY-FUKKING-THING inside and outside the motors with a very wary eye… I mean I’m the one riding these…

3 Likes

Yeah according to the numbers you got a better motor. A fair bit actually, but again both the vesc motor detection and the manufacturing tolerances deviates quite a bit so I would not go crazy over them.
But according to the detection you got a 174Kv motor.

3 Likes

Those resistance values are quite low for the Kv, does a multimeter agree with those measurements?

1 Like

How can you tell the kv from that?

1 Like

:arrow_up: :arrow_up:

this was all based on when the motor was locked… I haven’t re ran since

1 Like
2 Likes

May I ask which ESC and FW versions you’re using?
looking at your temperature traces, your motor temp. line is definitely a bit noisier than your ECS temps. but in reality not too bad at all…

looking at this:

and then this:

even though we have the worst situation of the sensor wire routing, at least they’re grouped together and running separately away from the other sensor wires…

I think I shall try running with the motor temperature sensor active and set to max and see what happens on FW5.01

1 Like