[Closed] [Global] Flipsky 6374 Motors & 2020 200A Enhanced Antispark

Can you test them for the high pitched sound i talked about?

I am waiting for vescs to arrive in a day or two. I could do that then. I have brand new maytech 6374 as well so it would be really easy to compare those 2.

2 Likes

image :call_me_hand:

1 Like

my motors are apparently still visiting all of england…

2 Likes

Halfway through shipping them, FedEx became cheaper than landmark. So half of them went via FedEx expidited and half went by the slower PostNL-Landmark

You can guess which yours went by :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Oh right I tested for the whine on a few of them by hand and there was 1 that had it, but it was the one I opened up so I bet I somehow messed it up putting it back together (Maybe bending the top washer a bit? Idk)

1 Like

You mean the gold shim or that flimsy black piece?

1 Like

The flimsy black one i guess

often patience will award us far greater than un-needed scurrying about wanting moar…faster…quicker…

a lesson i still need to be learning

:call_me_hand:t4: :doughnut: :doughnut: :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

Got them too! No rust and good looking :slight_smile:

4 Likes

performance and kv looks very similar to the TB ones. glad they got the kv under control should be 193 and 188 respectively in your case, my super early prototype wasn’t dialed in properly and therefore way off.
but torque and temperature wise they should be pretty much identical to the TB ones. so basically build quality is what separates them can’t speak of longterm stuff yet as we haven’t put them through enough miles. but mine has been flawless for 500-600 km but that’s obviously not enough.
however by taking it appart and looking through how it’s built I very much prefer the flipsky one.
(not biased at all :laughing:)

7 Likes

I replaced that shim with a brass one from my other motors. Sound is still the same.

Edit: its definitely the motor. I tried it with a couple of washer/shims, even without. All produce the same sound.

1 Like

Received mine yesterday. One of them with rust on the etched logo and the other one with a minuscule amount of rust on the shaft but no rust on the logo. Do you guys deal with the rust or just leave it be? I´m thinking it would be pretty easy to chemically remove it with a small amount of acid and then either putting oil or heat resistant spray paint over the logo.

The motors really well built other tan that so I´m really pleased! Still waiting for an esc before testing them out.

I’d just scotch-brite the shaft with some WD-40… (yeah I know) and then some contact spray cleaner, then add gun bluing to the shaft… @rey8801 taught me that trick… acid seems sketchy for surface rust…

EDIT:
I’m two weeks in shipping from muther-england… after a tour of the country… now I feel the motors are being shipped on the titanic…

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip - will try it out.

2 Likes

So test ride is done.

Conclusion - I like them. Can’t say i notice a big difference between 170kv and 190kv. (maybe i except something different? Is the kv different on start torque or overall power they can push?

Temp wise they run good, even if its an almost closed design (compared to the dozen of openings the TB motors have). The log below is the hardest i have pushed that board ever since I’ve built it.

9 Likes

W :doughnut: :doughnut:H :doughnut: :doughnut:

my motors are in 'Merika!

4 Likes

okey dokie

the motors arrived, and I received a nice little note in the package:

maybe that’s why the motors took so long???

everything I ordered is in the package, and the motors look very good, thanks @Anubis, Ben…

the only troubling thing is I cannot spin either motor by hand… cannot budge them one iota, and yes it’s with the pulleys on but not mounted… total motor lock-up both motors

…this seems a little worrisome to me…

4 Likes

I wonder if they stuck them next to a strong magnet :confused:
Keep me updated. I would have spun it by hand before dispatching

meaning you did? or should have? spun it up by hand???

I’m working on some shit but this afternoon I’m going to see if it will even detect, spin, or smoke… both are locked butt-ass solid…

I’ve looked over the motors quite carefully and there are no dents bang, scrapes anywhere to be seen on the motors