[Closed] [Global] Flipsky 6374 Motors & 2020 200A Enhanced Antispark

superficially at least (from the video and Anubis’s side-by-side comparison), what’s possibly lacking in these compared to the market leaders (TB, Maytech, etc)? people rip on FS in every other post, but now they have in-house production and testing (from the looks of the things anyway) id be curious to see how these stack-up

1 Like

we all are… on board testing shall commence soon enough!

1 Like

Ben, are you going to update the tracking info on Paypal or?

They might be better than maytechs. They are missing a key’d shaft retainer and a retainer ring, but everything else is better as far as I can tell. Opinionated ofc, I have builds with both on now, so I guess we’ll see

1 Like

exciting if they are!

:sweat_smile:are there any left for US folks? My timing was all wrong

1 Like

I actually stock extras in my store, so there aren’t ever really extras like normal group buys.
Plus, the shipping to the US has been pretty killer, the prices all went up since I invoiced :japanese_goblin:

1 Like
2 Likes

I can’t be bothered to send it out to everyone so if you want it please PM me and i’ll find it :smiley:
Looking at it is proven to make the package come slower

1 Like

she likes it that way… i’m a pre-mature ejaculator…

please consider this a PM… or I can copy this message and PM it to you…

and… I don’t want you to take it up the butt…

if’n it’d help… i can kick in some more sheckels…

I like your style and want you to do MOAR GBs…

1 Like

The average loss per package is practically nothing, some people ordered enough pulleys and other stuff that they covered it :smiley:

1 Like

I just received them, didn’t expect them so quickly, thanks @Anubis, you’re awesome for arranging this -also appreciate the bullets even though I didn’t opt for them :slight_smile:

From a first look they feel very substantial -much heavier than my eskating.eu ones that were supposed to be maytechs (only other 6374 ones I own). Only other observation, the “steps” are more pronounced when rotating than the eskating ones (not that it would matter under load, just a curious observation -probably has to do with magnet size/arrangement edit: just remembered someone mentioned it has to do with the magnets’ shape).

Indeed a little bit of corrosion forming on the logo engraving of one of the two but nothing to worry about, I might look for some suitable protective coating.

Can’t wait to try them!

3 Likes

I was able to get all the rust off mine with WD-40, but I’ll probably just put a vinyl over them anyway.

Great news that they’re arriving already :smiley:

2 Likes

??
Any suggestions just curious what people are using these days on the cans

mine arrived yesterday. thx @Anubis

5 Likes

Lucky, mine are still probably 2-4 days away. (?)

3 Likes

Well, i lied. They just arrived :sweat_smile:

Got shipped on July 3rd and only got hindered by the Weekend but still fast shipping.

Really tight and nice packaging on both Flipskys and Ben’s side. (packing material removed before i made the photo)

@Anubis Did i seriously order that much 12AWG wire? What was i thinking, i know have enough wire to build 5 boards.

And i totally forgot that we get 170kv motors, expected 190 but hey, as long as it doesn’t have downsides for me i don’t care. ¯\(ツ)/¯ + it’s my first motor with the actual sensor plug that fits into the vesc. Downside is that i still have to make an extension for it

Ben, do you know if the Sensor sleeve/mesh is waxed or something? It feels a bit grimey but won’t leave residue.

4 Likes

Team please share your experiences with FS 6374 I want to hear how they go, any issues, likes dislikes this is a great sample size to catch any issues. I for one am sceptical of anything new from flipshite.

4 Likes

Is it common practice to not have a magnet retaining ring?

6 Likes

It doesn’t have one, but there is enough epoxy to the point where if it fails, it’ll be a shattered magnet i.e the motor smashes into a rock or something, which a retaining ring won’t help with.

3 Likes