Clicking belt/pulley on Brand New lacroix Barrel after first 20 minutes of riding

Always bothered me . I checked the motor knob, belts , pulley it seemed there was nothing currently in it although it showed signs of scratching on the motor main spinning thingy. Although i didnt notice the noise when i had it sitting around the first week maybe i did get something in it the first 20 mins. Or the plastic wheel pulley system just got sagged in and thats where the cyclical creaking is coming from.

Thinking about replacing the plastic pulley thats attached to the plastic MBS hub . The 8inch Kenda tires are solid in their own right even if it doesnt match the rest of the board.

Help me supe this Barrel up and make it super silent! The Riptide stickers and creaking give it a haunting atmosphere but im more going for Naboo sw ep1 speeder sound

its trash now, time to throw it away

Check your wheel bearings, might be those or the bearing seat in your wheel. Can swap the bearings out to test if it changes or spray a little wd40 on them near the axle. if the creaking comes from there the temporary lubrication will stop the sound for a bit.

Try turning the board off, hard resetting, kick flip. Should fix.

1 Like

I’d check the core of the wheels by taking them off the axle completely. One of my wheels was making a clicking noise because there was damage to the core. Had I taken it off before riding I would have seen the damage but instead I made it worse by riding on it.

It wasn’t bad enough to destroy the core beyond repair, but it did dent in the removable bearing covers. If I didn’t have a destroyed bearing I could use for parts I would have killed one bearing (damaged shield on one side of each bearing only)

Ive inspected the rims and pulley. There is one out of the five connecting screws for the 72Tpulley and MBS rockstar2 plastic rim that came partially STRIPPED . Tells you something right there. Im buying the Aluminum ROCKSTAR 2 rims anyway along with brandnew pulleys/hardware and the 8 & 9 inch Offroad tires. Love the Kenda racing tires tho