ChortL | 29.75" John Grigley | 3WD | TB130 | BN145 | 10S | 100 cells [SRO]

There is not space for 4

Even if I could fit the motor, there isn’t room for another phase wire connector or another ESC. Mostly the phase wire connector.

2 Likes

Some day I’ll dig through some adhesive research to try and repair mine :sleepy:

3 Likes

The grip I used is “#60 grit aluminum oxide white sand blasting abrasive blast cabinet media” and it seems to work really well so far. It feels like really good grip tape, and not at all like glass frit or anything.

#60 grit” is FUB for 254μm

1 Like

This is really pretty damn cool! What do you imagine your top speed would be?
What kind of a turn radius can you get?

2 Likes

If you kicktail turn, the turn radius is somewhere around the wheelbase x)

2 Likes

This thing is really cool :sunglasses:

Such creativity and ingenuity !

… This here tho is kinda crazy

The top speed should be somewhere around 50km/h (30mph), not sure right now.

ZERO

Functional kicktails for the win

I can do a 180° in place, around the back wheels.

1 Like

First I have to find five spare hours. Depleting this battery is very difficult

I alway wonder how do you manage to get that fast on such small boards, and so high from the ground, without being scared as shit,

(I guess it’s because I’ve learned skateboarding on longboards and never tried parks/trick boards though)

1 Like

You’re a madman Brian. Utterly bonkers.

7 Likes

Did Boardnamics have more 145s lying around or where do you manage to find them? I think I saw you asking about them recently and I couldn’t see any either

1 Like

These were in my stock reserved for this skate, but @Boardnamics said they will have more at some point soon. I’m also out of them.

1 Like

Ah cool, gotta love it when the hoarder tendencies come in handy

Really like the form follows function design! I’m especially interested in the 3 independent remote receivers. Would you still have brakes if the master VESC disconnects or breaks?

Redundancy is overlooked in pretty much every one of our boards. I think it’s very important to start addressing single points of failure.

Not until you changed the master ESC on the CANBUS, which could be done with a phone if absolutely necessary. I hate using a phone to program ESCs, but if stranded it could be VERY helpful. Assuming you even had another paired remote with you.

This is more for “remote testing” reasons and because if anyone else rode it and they preferred thumb extend/retract throttle (instead of a finger pull/push throttle) then they could pair their Hoyt Puck to it easily.

1 Like

@b264 how is the z.mote performing for you? I’m thinking about buying one.

I crashed and broke the trigger off shortly after it was finished. I just got a replacement trigger literally yesterday. So give me a moment, I don’t want to prematurely report.

Good thing the board had 3 remotes. :rofl: I was using the Mini Remote for a while, but I was getting some tiny micro-cutouts in Manhattan, per usual.

1 Like

​​

1 Like

glamour shot

8 Likes