Choosing the right trucks?

Luck had very little to do with it :money_with_wings:

The extra 2 inches is worth it, though.

2 Likes

I have heard that before.

6 Likes

It all depends how you set up the bushings and baseplate angle. But with correct bushings duro for you weight and a good setup of bushing type i belive you can get good carving and high stability. But ofc its always a little trade between how easy to turn and how stable on high speed. I like MBS truck but I would not use it for a high speed board, for mtb its better with MBS then caliber style truck but for street i think caliber style is better.

3 Likes

I don’t know about caliber II trucks yet (ordered some though) but I can carver harder/better/easier with with DKP trucks than with the MBS. Also the first tests with Psychotiller’s showed a much smoother carving than with the MBS. I started the MBS with orange/orange shock block, then went to orange/yellow and now I’m at yellow/yellow and 40° angle. They got with a longer deck way less carvy than with a short deck. Switched form 93cm to 107cm. The difference between the decks is with MBS imho much higher than it was on the street truck. The deck length didn’t make as much of a difference with the street trucks. The “issue” I have with MBS is the high rebound of the shock blocks. I didn’t find a solution to stay leaned through long curves. At least without bindings, it always pushes me back and I can’t keep a tight radius. That said I prefer DKP or TKP for hard carving over MBS or Trampa channel trucks. Especially with a proper longboard.

2 Likes