CHIMERA | Red Ember Jotnar | Tronic 250R | 24s3p | all the amps

I have it limited to 34ish mph (~55kmh), but it’s capable of much, much more. Right now it’s geared for torque, so the max speed is ~48mph (~77kmh) with a 16t pulley. If I switch to 18t+, speeds rise from that point.

I do need to get one – I’ve been using a mountain bike one so far.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see it in its final form, also love the stain.

1 Like

I am so turned on by that stance. Wide tire flats being the cherry on top. Beautiful build, cant wait to watch this grow

1 Like

This deck is le sex :eggplant:

3 Likes

This build will be awesome! Can’t wait for updates.

2 Likes

How much of a battery are you thinking on doing? My 20s6p is awesome but I feel like 24s6-8p would be sick just to give the motors all the amps they want. I saw p45b in there too. How many amps are you planning on pulling per cell too? I have mine set to 25 amps and I still get a good amount of sag at peak.

Voltage was 80ish v before pull.

2 Likes

Right now it’s 24s3p, I’d like 6p at least. 8p is preferred but I need to figure out how handling will be impacted with that extra ~3.3kg / 7.2lb. (~70g a cell * 24 * 2)

Usually I’m pulling 15-20A/cell with ~25A/cell peak, so I’ll plan for some value around that (sum of total split accordingly across the new P group size)

5 Likes

If it’s in the post, I apologize, but what kv are your 7490s?

1 Like

I’m on 135kv with 4.8 gearing. Super torquey, and I still get great top-end speeds.

4 Likes

Like what’s your top speed and with what battery and motor amp settings? Sorry I’m just curious.

2 Likes

I’m on 179kv and 4.4 gearing. The system heats up like mad. I think I’m gonna go to 5.0 gearing to utilize the power better.

2 Likes

Top speed right now is mid 40s with the 40T cell. It is current limited to something around 30A a cell iirc, but I don’t recall the exact value offhand. I don’t recall what I set motor amps at.

I do want to push the system harder, because the motors and ESC can very much take it, and I have plans. It’s just limited by the lousy battery right now.

3 Likes

18s6p here on 145KV reacher 6395s and yeah they get warm. Not looking at readings, I mean holding them. Very warm.

4 Likes

What gearing you on?

1 Like

4:1, 8" tires.

3 Likes

How many amps are you pushing? Both battery and motors?

2 Likes

75 motor, 65 battery per side. But this is Florida, they get warm standing still. And they’re black, not chrome like Defiant’s motors so they absorb far more heat from the sun, nevermind it already being 90+ degrees outside.

overall though I’m really enjoying them. no complaints at all, and they do have excellent ventilation and performance.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that with the reachers too. I think if they were a different color, it would help a lot but I agree, they’re badass motors.

3 Likes

Just hand him BOTY now amd be done with it… stunning

They recently released a firmware with a linear throttle curve, might be interesting to you.

1 Like