Cheap FOCer 2 (Open-source, Low-cost, VESC 6 based ESC) (v0.9 Release. Beta testing ongoing)

The board size and holes are the same but the layout of the electrical components and some jst connectors will be different.

3 Likes

So probably the most important part of the design. Which meme goes on the back?

9 Likes

just a large penis please <3

4 Likes

12 Likes

perfect <3

3 Likes

This isn’t settled btw. I’m still open to suggestions. Then we can cast a vote later to see which one wins

4 Likes

Unknown-3

This seems great

1 Like

Cheap FOCer Tree Fiddy

1 Like

Ive noticied wire mounting has changed, will it be similar to little focer? Is there any benefit from soldering wire on surface vs through hole?

4 Likes
  • 18S+ (75.6v), to make it worth for XR conversions, 16S is like changing to the same thing.
  • No need for an EXTERNAL anti-spark switch. Like the Little Focer, which if I understand correctly doesn’t need it :wink: (so something similar to the little focer to power on/off)
2 Likes

Hard disagree, some sort of powering on/off is important. Not necessarily an antispark, but something like what trampa did with the HD60

2 Likes

16s and 120 motor amps? Holy hell, now that is something to get excited over! Very good even compared to my original Little FOCer :grin:
I’m hopeful for an exciting summer

3 Likes

Added a connector for the second UART RX/TX channel. This is meant to easily connect an external bluetooth module of choice.

Still trying to figure out the invertible latching on/off switch and/or momentary switch support. Otherwise this is almost ready for prototyping. Gunna run it through JLCPCB to make sure that whole process still works.

15 Likes

A bit detour to 0.9v of cfoc 2. What is the aproximate max amps I can take out of 5v remote port? I had idea to hook up brake lights to it.

Edit: found it, 1.5A output from buck converter. Eh, might as well then take power from battery and lower voltage from that instead of piggy backing focer and risking having voltage dropout on DRV / MCU.

2 Likes

The new design is DRVless

Yep, I know, but I still run cfoc2 0.9’s on my board and this is cfoc2 topic. Even when cfoc3 gets released it will be heavly hampered with silicon shortages for at lest a year. So those for those who still own V2 units like me troubleshooting is on the table.

@shaman you should probably make cfoc3 topic to avoid confusion.

1 Like

+1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s almost time to shift the CFOC3 to it’s own thread. Just gotta it though JLCPCB to make sure that process still works.

7 Likes

The rest of the passives, yes but main chip most likeley no. Unless there is some source I don’t know about (appart from overpriced scalper and 50/50 sand chips), the main STM32F405RGT chip is not available from anywhere with lead times being 1year. We may be able to canibalize old cfoc 0.9/1.0 units though or maybe someone here who has a stock can share his for adquate price. Things seem to be so dire that even dev boards get canibalized for chips left and right of me here in EU.

1 Like