Cheap FOCer 2 (Open-source, Low-cost, VESC 6 based ESC) (v0.9 Release. Beta testing ongoing)

now now. We all start somewhere. All us bigtards started as weetards at some point.

15 Likes

I just feel like at that point somebody is going to be more confused as to why something with a box, label, and arrow pointing to it isn’t populated lmao.

Do hope project keeps advancing tho. This is great to see.

(Maybe I’m weetard and unpopulated variants won’t have the screening in that area and this won’t be a problem)

6 Likes

Truth be told i already outlined it before @LR-designs requested it. The outline stays. If anyone doesn’t want it then they can take the files after I release them and remove the outline. That’s the magic of open source.

Hopefully whoever manufactures these for sale will say whether or not the IMU is present. But seriously, the whole IMU thing is only like a $1 more for the parts. Might as well toss it in

13 Likes

Wheelie mode all the things

5 Likes

OK - the box, label, and arrow are all good, but the font is all wrong… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t help but notice samuel L jackson is missing in the silkscreen? Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that the entire point of this project?..

10 Likes

Say “what” again…

26 Likes

That’s got to make it to the production version. 100%

• Keep it.
  • Keep it. (No, for real. Keep it.)
  • This is a family product, ditch it.
  • What is that from?

0 voters

10 Likes

Showing how the motor cables can be run underneath the controller to the front by the connectors. Makes for a lower profile configuration.

17 Likes

I would worry a bit about the wires/wire isolation get damaged by the fets over time due to vibration and stuff.

3 Likes

A bit of silicone will fix that imo.

2 Likes

@shaman,Hi, i also try to build my own esc based on VESC 6. However, I struggling the BOM choies and schematics. I will be appreciated to see your schematics and BOM. May i ask you to share the files? It would help my development. Also, i am looking foward to see your final design. Great effort! Thanks!

3 Likes

@yaggin welcome to the esk8 forum and the cheap FOCer 2 thread! This is an open source project of which all the design files will be released including BOM and schematic after validation in field testing

16 Likes

I like the SLJ Screen but i think it should be the inverse pattern.

Also at this point i think the IMU labeling should be a meme, so perhaps even more screening there :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

9 Likes

Inverting the black/white doesn’t come out well in my opinion. It’s less recognizable.

4 Likes

We need an artist :smiley:

1 Like

@mmaner maybe?

6 Likes

I would just make the background clear and have a white outline around Mr. jackson.

it’d be dope to get some art on the ESC tho.

2 Likes

All I need is a bitmap, png, or jpeg. Let’s see what people cook up

2 Likes

Happy to help, just send me whatever you want me to do, you too @shaman.

9 Likes