Cheap City Board for commuting? So many new brands?!

If$600 for rough terrain board then @dickyho for sure.

Not to derail anything here, but depending on your build, invest 600 in upgrading your current build makes more sense:

Edit:

https://evolveskateboardsusa.com/products/gt-series-all-terrain-conversion-kit

You may get some inspiration from this-

3 Likes

There’s a lot to be said for upgrading your existing diy, in the end you’ll most likely have a better board.

For pneumatics I’d go six shooters.

If you’re set on a pre-built the Ownboard W2 has good specs and fits your price range. It uses the same hobbywing ESC as many others (Exway X1 etc), but unlike most other Chinese boards has a 10s3p Samsung 30Q battery, and is belt driven.

1 Like

If you want a parts list for a decent build, this one is $784 (actually less because grouped shipping from dickyho), should do 25 mph on full charge and around 15 miles depending on the battery. Parts could be better but it’s not bad overall, easy assembly at least.

There is already a PSA: Do Not Buy on those chargers.

You WILL buy twice if you buy those.

1 Like

True, how much is a legit 10s 2a charger?

I really hate to say it, but the most reliable 10S slow chargers I’ve found are the 2A Evolve chargers. :expressionless:

The most reliable 10S fast chargers I’ve found are the 4A Metroboard/enertion/Evolve chargers (which are all the exact same model)

They’re kind of pricey but they are very good.

That charger you linked will work about a month, then crap-out. I’ve had 3 or 4 all do the exact same thing, and bought from different places.

1 Like

You can actually buy 5 of the cheap chargers for a single Evolve charger…

I bet, LoL. There’s a good reason for that. We need to find where to get that charger, except not through Evolve.

2 Likes

Ive never had problems with YZpower chargers from AliExpress, they work really well and last for a really long time.

2 Likes

Yeah at $50 you can get a good 10s 10a charger

They will even do custom ports, like xt 60s or specialty ones.

Another reason I like the Evolve chargers is because no noisy fan to annoy the girlfriend.

1 Like

Ive looked everywhere for those chargers, I can never find them though.

Same price as an Evolve charger, 4 times the power

You can always disable the fans and open the case

I don’t want to charge at 8A if I have 5 other fully-charged boards right there. I like the 2A chargers. Plus, my 5.5mm x 2.1mm jacks are only rated for 5A. And I like how compact and easy to use and easy to plug they are.

3 Likes

Fair point, the problem is that some of us can only afford one or two boards and need them on the road on short notice

1 Like

In that case, I’d go with the 8A charger :slight_smile: Just don’t use a 5.5mm x 2.1mm jack :wink:

1 Like

Nah, rolling with XT60 on my 8A