Charge ports and fast charging

If you do end up wanting to go for 5.5 x 2.1 Jack, these are 10A rated, cheap, and all metal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S5ZLFDG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_T4X.EbNPS8TKV

4 Likes

Those are good jacks, and I recommend them, but they get warm at 4-5A and I don’t know if I’d trust them at 10A. At least monitor to see if they get hot before you just trust them.

Are you using any past that? Just curious

5 Likes

Nope, 8A charger just arrived though. Obviously it won’t get warm without drawing current so I have to wait on my battery to arrive.

Or I could charge my 10s2p 30q pack at 8A :woozy_face:

5 Likes

Dude. Every one of your posts makes me have fantastic ( but actually terrible ) ideas

1 Like

What charger are you using bro ?

@Accrobrandon ran a group buy.

3 Likes

This one is good for 20A. But it’s quite big; you’d need a high enclosure wall to mount it in.

4 Likes

A little smaller, but up to 10a.

https://www.amazon.com/CNLINKO-Circular-Connector-Female-Waterproof/dp/B07Z7T3L2P

2 Likes

Crap. Wish I’d found the ad with the 3 pack. I just bought a 10 pack for the one 10s board I’ll ever build.

$1.00 plus the stamp for anyone looking in the future.

2 Likes

GX16 is a bit too big for must builds, I’ve been using GX12-4 , but just 2 pins at 5 A and it barely get warm, so using 2+2 will do 10 A also, probably can push a bit more or go with the 6 pin version

3 Likes

Good to know. I’m gonna do the same

I guess it’ll be XT60 vs GX16. The GX port on the board side doesn’t seem too deep

As far as wiring, I don’t see why they wouldn’t just be paralleled together with a single fuse. 5.5x2.1 for 4 amp charging, the alternative for when I wanna charge at 8-12 amps

1 Like

I’ve got the GX-16-2 on one of my boards and am installing it on another one, I love it. You can find dust covers on ali pretty easily, want a link?

3 Likes

Yea that’d be great. Can you show a side shot of the female port for the board side? If they’re not terribly deep it may work well. Might have to just get my hands on some.

I ordered 8 of this rubber one the other day. I’ll grab a pic of it in my enclosure in a bit

3 Likes

The board side is typically the male connector with the prongs, not the holes.

3 Likes

Ya you’re right Mixed them up.

Those dust covers look great

They look great. But they are metal. Make damn sure you fuse those charge ports. The metal cap WILL short those pins out if you’re drunk or tired or it’s dark and you can’t see well.

1 Like

Also the first time they get wet, they have this sandy grit on them and they do NOT screw on smoothly, it’s like grinding

Yeah mine is still open until the rubber cap comes. I don’t have it fused yet, probably should throw a 10a fuse in there