Charge and Ride

Higher potential to go over voltage braking downhill on a full battery, but haven’t found it to be an issue so far.

@bsancken that’s correct. Backpack Battery has its own BMS. Output feeds into the input of the MPPT. That connects to the board through its charge port.

1 Like

… Officer, please stand down those bomb disposal guys I’m just tweaking my charger :smile:

The more I see of these the more I think I need one, even before I got my first eboard I was emailing asking if there was a backpack or something I could use with it :wink:

6 Likes

I really like the idea and would like to build myself something like this. I just can’t stop thinking about what might happen if I were to go down at speed with a lithium pack in my backpack. Best case I land over a brick with my spine. Worst case, I land over a brick with my spine and then ignite. I guess proper padding would mitigate these issues. But it probably wouldn’t hurt to brainstorm some safety measures in addition to the technical side of things

2 Likes

I’ve had one of the secretaries at a building on my college campus want to call the police when she saw my board outside the room while I was in class, thought it was a bomb lol Though in all fairness, it was before I had a case for my lipos…

1 Like

Haha awesome topic. I am for more then 6months working on this.

I hope to start selling a plug and play box in this and 3months.

I am very perfectionist in these things. That’s why it takes so long. Currently it is planned to offer two variants. a cheap one with a capacity of + -250wh. This will have locked charging voltage and current. And a more expensive one with a capacity off 450wh with adjustable current (0->5A) and voltage (0->70v). With the biggest one you can use it also like a small bench table power supply :slight_smile:

You can check out some more pictures on my Instagram story: https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3OTU5OTUxMDg3MDk0NTIz/?igshid=5s5wynlikg7&story_media_id=1865547804756636738

8 Likes

Just don’t fall.

12 Likes

Fuck… :wink:

I’m out…

4 Likes

Technically you are down, not out.

2 Likes

Thanks Dad! :man_red_haired:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Cool! Are you planning selling these with cells or maybe to sell just the electronics and the box? Just instantly worried about shipping lol

3 Likes

Normally only with cells, So only possibilty to ship in the EU. But maybe later without cells, only part is the biggest enclosure will be running a 20s pack, so that is a high voltage on DC that can really be your dead :rofl:

2 Likes

Dang it! @pjotr47 why can’t you be in the US :joy:

2 Likes

Here’s my version… fits straight into the charge port on my hummie.

Link to topic on “the other place” https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/range-extender-plugged-into-charge-port/64327

9 Likes

What boost converter did you use? Do any of the components get hot (battery, wires, converter, etc) during charging while riding?

I used this-

1PC Boost Module 1500W 30A DC-DC… https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DNH9SDS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It has an automatic fan that kicks in for 10 seconds or so every 5 minutes at 4A charge rate. It will get warmer at higher amperages.

All the other components stay cool.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve already done it but can it be used as booster charger in a car trunk? So you already have charged spares or just recharge while you move to your next ride location?

Or you do moving pit stop for the team :sunglasses:

1 Like

It can be… No need though, I’ve got a 5Kw pure sine inverter and 300Ah of batteries in my van so I can charge whatever I like!

2 Likes

Everyone this last week looked at me like I was going to spontaneously combust when I busted out my charge-n-ride pack.

Still have not caught fire thank you very much. You people have no faith.

8 Likes

You act like that’s strange around here :slight_smile:

7 Likes