Channel trucks, Trampa specifically, how to make them turn better?

Dis.

Damn near. But throw your egg dampeners in the river, all springs, front/rear inner position. And you better have legs chiseled from marble if you want to hold that shit steady above 25 haha.

I’ve found dampeners in front OR rear always makes turning radius larger because they restrict the RTC range.

IMO Damps are for rigs with bindings, or high speed setups on spring trucks. I’ll run red damps in the rear springs of my Kaly Helical Carver build as it tops around 40mph. All springs = more fun tho

9 Likes

noted

5 Likes

I would like whatever @mmaner is having.

That sounds nice.

6 Likes

I just want the 3GD

5 Likes

6 Likes

Pre-Orders already sold out bro. For the next 9 batches.

That’s how esk8 pre-orders work now.

7 Likes

“But I’m sooo down to test. I almost have all the parts for my first board and I would be a great test subject I think”

7 Likes

“I haven’t built an esk8 yet but would love to beta test 100V motor controllers. I do a mean unboxing video though”

bonus round:

“My names Kellen and I bought an OSRR to ‘beta test lol’ but I’m too ascared of the wifi-beams to use it for more than a forum-trophy.”

9 Likes

Countersink the inner spring position on the base plate, drop in some barrels and your board can win the next slalom competition.

2 Likes

Can you send me one of those so I can break it?

Like, I’ll actually use it as my only remote until I break it.

Unless it’s too big for my baby hands. In that case, I’ll use it as TP in these trying times.

2 Likes

Sooo… question. For better/easier turning should I remove these risers? This is my first diy. Still learning shit and not too familiar with channel trucks. Trucks are the cheap aliexpress trucks 20201226_212933|666x500

1 Like

1 Like

Yea, removing that riser will increase the angle of the truck

2 Likes

Ok, so that’s what it means to increase the angle. I wasnt sure which direction was increasing and decreasing. I didnt do too good in high school geometry… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: thanks man!

2 Likes

Fuck… and I just remembered how much of a pain it is to take the trucks off… :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

1 Like

4 whole bolts… ha just flip the riser around for added fun :star_struck:

2 Likes

Bro!!! Holy shit that feels a lot better! Just took her on a test ride after doing that and it carves amazing! I actually flipped the front risers around and put the rear truck flat and huge difference! I’m learning a lot here!!!

2 Likes

Yep, i have the angle tipped higher for the front, and lower for the back, it makes your set up a split angle, and makes it turn much better, and also more stable.

Read more about how it works here

2 Likes

Bro, really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Ya, but with the aliexpress trucks i gotta take off the hangers to get to two of the screws hiding under the hangers. Which means taking off the springs and egg dampers. And holy fuck it was one hell of a wrestling match earlier to get those eggs and springs out…

1 Like