Carvons v4 need help fixing

:+1:t4:

1 Like

so… let’s think this deal thru… you bought extra stators… i saw you commit, segue to later… now your plan, except leave out the part of asking for help 2500 times…

1 Like

my plan is to put you back on ignore… convince me otherwise…

1 Like

didt commit as i havent found any yet
before buying anything would have confirmed they work to the best of my knowledge or anyone who has took apart carvons befores knowledge

look at my thread…

1 Like

Just going to re-post pretty much what I have told you in PM since you have tried to blame me for misrepresenting the condition of the motors. The motors worked fine when tested over year and a half ago on my bench.

You have tried to sell the motors (for more than what you paid for them too) and have told everyone they are in perfect condition.

So you have tested them to work yourself. now you try tell me they are broken.

And now you want me to pay you almost 90€ when you only paid 300, including me shipping them, adding in connectors and a front truck.
300€ - 20€ for shipping and packaging - 30€ for a front truck = 250
So you only paid 250 for the actual motors. now you want another 90€ off.

The motors worked fine when I last had a battery and bench tested them. Like I told you

You have already posted that the motors you received were in

So why would I want to cover whatever damage you have done to them.
So you tried to sell the motors and and tested them to be in perfect order, detected and turn very easily.
So you had tested them and agree they worked fine.
So that matches what I told you in the PM

And @kook was correct on the stators.
The exact stator can be found in the Turnigy SK8 6364-110KV motor.

5 Likes

So @moros has kindly agreed to send me a (hopefully) working stator
If this works it would be amazing
If not I will try to find an sk8 6364 to get a stator from

Thanks guys

Probably will try to rewind this one just for practise though

So the thing is with doing stuff yourself, and what i sometimes miss a lot on this forum is that doing stuff yourself saves you no money, takes 100x more time to do than to just buy a component, and shit is always against you, at best its going as you hoped. But in the end you show off your hard work and share experiences on what works and what doesnt.

First you read about electric motors, you read how they work, look up how kv works etc. Then you take shit apart painfully to not break anything (you have come this far and i applaud u for it). Now the stuff is that ur doing is not done before by a lot of people, so just measure the stators you can find and see if it fits, you have asked these people and they dont know because its just fucking smarter to take the existing part and clean it up painfully. It will save you 2x the time and money in the long run (which is fucking long) you dont do this in 5 mins, and thats why u get jack shit for trash diy and stuff that doesnt work, because people know how much time/tools/knowledge goes into this shit.

Im going to tell you that knowledge is gained by failing and therefore you are bound to run in stuff with this no matter what.

On one whay i respect you for doing this, really man it will give you knowledge and show you a lot of beauty in this world for only the sheer amount of time and patience stuff takes from people.

However it pisses me the fuck off that you just think its all “there” and that this stuff is done in matters of “hours” or “days”. So let me tell you what is going to happen:

• stators just dont fit for w/e reason and you trashed your old ones.

-windings not tight enough so you get trash working motors.
-broke isolation on your windings,fried ur esc with it.
-deformed ur axle pressing the stator on again.

These are just one of the things you have to think about.

4 Likes

yeah so i forgot to mention that i have got at least 1 110kv 6364 motor on the way (should be with me tomorrow) it is a perfect fit onto the axles as that is what jerry used

also on my other motor the hall sensors are dead so i guess i will have to use hfi

thanks for the advice

i have decided on these to keep it simple and i am going to slowly gain my knowledge on motors while practising on a cheaper pair of koowheel hubs

thank you for the advice

1 Like

I mean its not really advice, i cant offer you any in motor or esc compartments, ill rewind a motor some day… maybe.

Its just that for example, buy twice the amount of copper you need etc etc.

Doing stuff yourself properly is fucking hard, and thats why i love seeing everyone create cool stuff for each other.

Dont just take stuff for granted, i bet you @hummieee fried a lot of motors and same for that nasty guy @kook, that guy destroyed a lot of things, including his dignity and womans arseholes i bet :rofl:

5 Likes

yeah totally get you

with me it usually ends in the plaaning stage

i have discussed with multiple people a lot and am planning this carefully
also most the really hard complicated bits i am getting other people to help with

thanks

I’ll just have you know Shua… I have abandoned hope in rewinding any Sk3-8 motors… the epoxy they used to affix the windings is truly vile… truly!!!

I have 6 hours into one motor… almost 4 teeth exposed… it’s awful! even being as careful as you can, the stator insulation comes up with the copper… whatever they used, it was truly meant to last…

and yeah @Bavioze i’ve fucked up some shit in my day… but even I know when to say No Mas!!!

4 Likes

yeah gave up quite a bit ago to

managed to get my hands on a 110kv sk8 6364 (thats what thye used)
and a 190kv sk8 6364 in delta config which means if i rewind to wye i get 110kv

also @kook my sensors have died on one motor what do you recommend

ride sensorless or hfi?

try HFI sensors are better IMHO… but HFI is almost the same, but different… and like others have said… not all motors like HFI… try it is what I suggest… then if not acceptable… rebuild the sensors…

2 Likes

faaaaaaaaaaak

3 Likes

What if you put the stator in the oven for 200 degrees for half an hour or so, wouldnt the epoxy give eventually?

2 Likes

yeah… I used my hot air station and heated (only some of the vile goo up as a test) have you ever worked on super-heated copper windings? and it seemed to make the epoxy even more vile…

in honesty I feel this is almost a lost cause economically…

2 Likes

I guess dremel down to the stator on both sides, heat up until satan starts to emerge, quickly pull with some magic pliers

2 Likes

Yeah just order a new motor form hobby king

I got a sk8 6364 110kv and maybe a sk8 6364 190kv which I could reconfigure as wye to get 110kv