CARVE PDX - July 29-31st 2022 - Portland, Oregon, USA - YEAR 2!

that was an amazing deal. Orlando is a prime destination because of Disney and all that, plus busch gardnes only an hour and a half away. I wonder if November is considered off season?

1 Like

Oh, I thought he was east coast haha

1 Like

November is thanksgiving break for a lot of children, so probably not if thatā€™s what you mean.

I did Orlando to Portland in roughly 43 hours, but i was doing shifts and stopping every night. I think my longest shift was 12 hours. KOA is awesome, i stopped at one every night and got a cabin.

3 Likes

Are you picking up bombs along the way? I mean boards :grin:

2 Likes

$50/board

2 Likes

$50 round trip would be a deal.

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably be loaning boards if. I still have an excess

1 Like

Iā€™m planning to ship my battery and then carry on my board to the plane like @poastoast did

1 Like

Iā€™m giving this thought. More than one person has pointed out I could do this and possibly for a way-less-than-shippping fee. Iā€™m going to plot my desired path and then post it and see if anyone is within a reasonable distance of it.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be at CarvePDX. No idea what board Iā€™ll have or if I even willā€¦but Iā€™ll be there.

7 Likes

Iā€™m definitely going either way. The more I think about it, it could become a logistical nightmare for you. I would decline any such offers to make life easy. If you come through Denver on your way, youā€™ll have a place to stay for free. Cold beers in the fridge in the finished basement along with its own bathroom and shower.

6 Likes

Just take shortcuts on a onewheel

2 Likes

Im 99% certain i wont have any training in the desert. If Im headed north, Im driving and im going to fuck around along the way.

Happy to bring boards up from San Diego. not taking an RV this time.

9 Likes

Might take you up on that and send my battery up with you, maybe even the board if youā€™re down for it. Can talk about it closer to the trip!

Kevin might want you to take his too

3 Likes

@Boardnamics roadtrip? :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Seriously tempting. Portland is an amazing city and you weirdos are sure to have a good time. Hell, who couldnā€™t use a break from their family once in a while? :wink:

6 Likes

Only if you bring PIZZA

6 Likes

Looking forward to attending this year!

born and raised in the metro, makes me very happy to see just how large of a community Portland has.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve decided against doing this. Iā€™m likely going to have additional people with me already and will even need a trailer, so i wonā€™t be giving rides. There simply wonā€™t be any room. Or time, itā€™s already a 44 hour drive.

10 Likes