CARVE PDX - July 29-31st 2022 - Portland, Oregon, USA - YEAR 2!

Hoyt is willing to accept packages and so am I.

6 Likes

Not bad

1 Like

All Ohio airports suck ass price wise. Drive to Chicago & you can probably get a $300 or less flight @ O’Hare. Can pay for a week or so parking in a non-airport parking garage for $20 or so

For reference I was able to get a $250 round trip to San Diego on Alaska Air @ O’Hare on short notice. CMH Columbus was like $700 minimum

1 Like

I sent my board to a dispensary for Colorado. Figured they had good security for drop offs.

6 Likes

lets go man - thinking I can justify it to Arlene as a “Bachelor Party Deux”

I might need a range extender box for the bro tho

3 Likes

We need those last minute deals (but early lol). Friend of mine flew from Frankfurt to new york for 17€

Yeah good call. Flying out of Indy is much more reasonable @ $369

1 Like

you shipping your board out? That’s the deal breaker for me…don’t know what i’m riding.

2 Likes

if we both ship our boards in a big ass box I bet its around $400

so around $500 net each

I’m not flying out of LGA or JFK haha

12s5p should be fine, I was fine on a 12s4p last year

I don’t get it either. I kinda thought Columbus was a fairly big/important airport? Their rates are assssss. Cleveland is even worse.

Cincinnati has been pretty solid recently. Round trip to Orlando and back was only $67 in November.

Not to Portland tho

1 Like

Those of you worried about not having a way to bring your board to Carve PDX, just remember that for last year’s carve I literally built an entire board for the trip that was airline friendly

So no excuses!

7 Likes

Count me in. For camping too this time.

5 Likes

I’m hopeful that I can do the camping too

3 Likes

That’s got to be a bug, surely the increased fuel costs due to the weight of another person is more than that

Also yeah, I wish this was happening on the east coast so the flights were cheaper :confused:

Just get some Vyvanse or something & rawdog the drive. I did Tijuana to Ohio in exactly 40 hours, including a 27 hour straight stretch… I was surprisingly alert & driving well the entire time, only point slightly let my guard down was on a dark, lonely, divided turnpike I’d seen nobody else on for 30+ mins at like 4am. $250 or so in gas + monster & gas station meat stick. Fun drive in general too, sights are nice

idk if you can drive across the atlantic ocean :joy:

1 Like

CarveNYC would probably end in a death lmao

6 Likes

Name it CarveOrDie

7 Likes