CARVE PDX - July 29-31st 2022 - Portland, Oregon, USA - YEAR 2!

so the one I uploaded yesterday (Friday Afternoon Ride) got blocked in Russia because somebody was blasting Wrecking Ball on their bluetooth. Interestingly enough everyone else can still watch it. Just not Russia.

4 Likes

What issue do the Reds have with Miley?

(Sorry Iā€™ve been watching a lot of For All Mankind)

Apparently sheā€™s caught up in the Russian sanctions, she stands with Ukraine like the rest of the sane world. Not sure of the details, just saw some headlines.

7 Likes

So I added a third video, some of saturdays day ride, and it got copyright claimed without affecting the channel before it was even done processing the SD version.

They are fucking aggressive about music in videos. They need some better way of detecting incidental audio vs background music.

7 Likes

You cannot use copyrighted music in any video, period, unless you specifically have permission from the owner of said music, and they release the claim

Anyways, it shouldnā€™t matter since you arenā€™t monetized

2 Likes

can try google cardboard. that was my first experience, ā€œsky divingā€ basically itā€™s your smart phone and some lenses.

3 Likes

Two more videos got added to the playlist, but one is still processing. Sunday
Evening Ride is live. Sunday Night Ride Of So Much Darkness is pending still.

3 Likes

Letā€™s give a shoutout to @kubbur, who was featured in the 828 film documentary we viewed Saturday night. Kubbur showed up and helped Cary & his crew out in a big way, which enabled them to finish shooting the documentary. Huge props for showing up like that, and a wonderful representation of how this community comes together to help each other out.

19 Likes

Aaaw thanks man, i Was just at the right place in the right time

14 Likes

Always so humble my friend. You flipped the entire story into something much better and more meaningful than we could have ever planned for. In retrospect, Lacroix sending the wrong charger made everything better.

6 Likes
4 Likes

So my board finally made it back to me after 3 weeks, and I started to open stuff to do some maintenance to find that my motor pinion had gone loose and started shaving down the aluminum side of the geardrive. These metal shards destroyed my gears and somehow got into my motor which is also screwed up. Because of all of the noise with other riders at carve I didnt even notice the scratching noises this mustā€™ve been making. I had to order a new half of a geardrive :sob: . This is what I get for neglecting my gears :rofl:

9 Likes

I can hear the judgment in your words Evan.

2 Likes

He wouldnā€™t pay me extra to go expedited

2 Likes

esk8 dad runs away to portland, once I tracked him down he held my board hostage for 3 weeks with his only demand ā€œto be left the fuck aloneā€ (whatever that means)

5 Likes

Was it loctited? If so what color?

Green 638. Iā€™m gonna switch to straight cuts so this will no longer be an issue anyways

3 Likes

Yeahhhh boiiii Evans on str8cuts!!!

3 Likes

Posted a new vid!

6 Likes

lol my face in the beginning

2 Likes