CARVE PDX - July 29-31st 2022 - Portland, Oregon, USA - YEAR 2!

Glamping time! We’re off to the last half of the funtimes

22 Likes

PXL_20220731_032340468.TS-ANIMATION

26 Likes

15 Likes

11 Likes

14 Likes

Great times y’all!

4 Likes

@longhairedboy i really hope your 360 got good footage of the last cemetery run. My knock off gopro is shit for low light. Hoping i can salvage it with DaVinci when i edit it! :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Nah I doubt you’ll be able to get anything usable, it was super dark. I don’t get why anyone was recording there with an action cam. I got some good footage though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lol ya I didn’t bother either

My daytime ones in the cemetary were pretty good tho

I wish I had put on my ND filter on, however

4 Likes

Video i put together fron carve pdx this year

17 Likes

I teleported in, and then teleported out.
but super stoked to meet a few more forum people in person.

great crowd. good times.

9 Likes

Oh I see how it is

1 Like

sry, people and robots.

2 Likes

I’m back home now (albeit without my board, hopefully the bag isn’t lost for too long), and wanted to thank everyone who came and made this event awesome! Honorable shoutouts:

• Thank you @poastoast for driving people to and from the airport, you da MVP
  • Thank you @JoeyZ5 for the free dominos
  • Thank you @jack.luis for receiving a ton of packages for me and letting me crash at your place :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Thank you @DuckBatterySystems and Liam for leading the group rides and making sure no one gets left behind!
  • Thank you @DerelictRobot, @JJHoyt, Pete, and the rest of the Hoyt team for hosting!

Now, I’ve got nearly a whole terabyte of footage recorded from this event that I need to edit into videos. Here’s the order I’m thinking of releasing things in, let me know if you think I should re-arrange these videos:

1. The Race event
  2. The blackberry run (Columbia River Gorge Trail)
  3. The reverse cemetary run
  4. Camping rides
  5. Day 1 + Day 2 + Day 3 rides

I might mix in some of the footage I didn’t have time to edit yet from last year, or I might not, we’ll see. All I know is that what I recorded this year looks awesome :sunglasses: (Oh, and I’ll throw in Poast’s drone footage as well :yum: )

31 Likes

honorable mention: thanks @DerelictRobot for giving us a tour of your neighborhood by placing all of the ride start points within walking distance of your place /s

15 Likes

We stayed 5 minutes skate from him so I also appreciated this :+1:

6 Likes

I mean this was the original plan :joy:

But thanks for appreciating my laziness @Evwan

Next year we’re going to be introducing some new routes! I think the only real keepers are the FNR & Tabor → Cemetery Run.

11 Likes

My favorite rides were Tabor to cemetery and the Thursday night Terwilliger run.

I’d also nominate a new event - night time, time trials / hot laps at the top of Tabor, with some lighted cones for that death curb.

@Venom121212 set a 39.39” lap

10 Likes

I’m going to see if we can’t get an official/sanctioned Tabor event next year. Would help us with stuff like this.

That sounds really fast, what’s it in metric?

(I’ll show myself out)

8 Likes

I got squat on that cemetery run. I got very decent video of the night ride through Portland though. I just finished stitching all the ride video I took into something YouTube can handle so I’m uploading the first day one video now. Its fucking huge though and I may not be able to upload more than one a day.

15 Likes