Carbon GTO | 10S4P | TB110 78A | dual FOCBOX 1.6 | dual enertion 6355 | Boardnamics 220 | Carbon GT deck [serious]

This is the third skate now I’ve done this on, and external USB-A is a feature I can’t live without

3 Likes

Funny thing is that I got every single item you listed there x this mod.:smile: Never thought one could make smthng like that. Awesome!

PS: think I sold ya that trigger 'mote

2 Likes

Halfway thru netflix and chill, that board is someones daughter

7 Likes

True story: this had a Carvon V3 Speeddrive on it for a couple days

4 Likes

PS: think I sold ya that trigger 'mote

Correction: we traded my trigger Mini x your Enertion Nano :grin:

1 Like

Actually, I think I used that remote on the Green One.

This remote I stole from another board that’s broken down on the workbench.

And then used two receivers from @torqueboards

1 Like

What do you think about just stretching silicone film over the top of an enclosure and only sealing around the edge?

It wouldn’t get this distinction but as far as intrusion but I feel like it could have the same capability with more repairability.

Yep, see that top-right cell? Uh-huh, you hit the nail on the head. It certainly does conduct electricity. I had a little minor heartstopper when that happened until I figured out what just happened.

Despite actually knowing that it’s conductive. I still made that mistake, even watching out for it.

6 Likes

That’s called “water resistant” and the best boards are both.

“Waterproof” means it functions properly after ingress/contamination.

Theoretically, this lid stops water from getting inside. (Despite actually letting water inside in the past.)

ALL seals fail eventually, so plan multiple layers of defense to have the best chances.

3 Likes

Awesome Brian! You finally fixed this mf!
I do my best to help sir, sometimes I say silly things so pardon me for that :yum:

The potting is my favourite thing in this build tbh :grin: overheating isn’t an issue at all? I’m guessing a {good} heatsinks is mandatory?

3 Likes

So far overheating is no issue at all. Not even warm. The big heatsink on the bottom takes care of that. Plus I use conservative settings

mode: FOC HFI

per ESC:
motor current max 60A
motor current min -45A
battery current max 16A
battery current min -12A
absolute maximum current 150A

FOCBOX 1.6 is overkill for 16A

2 Likes

I use the equivalent to this stuff for sealing my board. https://www.fibreglast.com/product/yellow-sealant-tape-00580/Tapes
same stuff you use when you vacuum bag. it’s also called butyl tape used for sealing roofs, same stuff but harder and less tacky. that stuff also take away some of the stress the boltholes receives as it functions like an adhesive as well.
that stuff if applies properly won’t leak. I have submerged a deck plus enclosure in a bathtub over night. not a drop inside.

2 Likes

@Scepterr “flipshit”?

You wouldn’t happen to be talking about FlipSky’s shit that they make, would you?

3 Likes

Move aside ‘Ferrari’ boards this is where it’s at.

1 Like

I see you hot glued everything inside the enclosure. I’m always wondering to hot glue more stuff myself but what about if you want to maintain it and need to access it? Is there an easy way in?..

it’s neutral cure silicone, not hot glue. i wouldn’t hot glue because it’s less fun to work with and also less servicable… silicone you should be able to cut out or even pull out while hot glue is more ridged. Both would work tho but silicone also works as a heat conductant (is that a word?) unlike hot glue

3 Likes

It’s my opinion that hot glue is never the best tool for the job when making an esk8.

5 Likes

Interesting, thanks. Sorry for the noob question but could you give me some pointers regarding which tool to use to apply it?

Stopverfpistool_Deluxe(10115839)_500x375_thumb

4 Likes

Btw love the build @b264, i cant get over the weirdness of a carbon board though

2 Likes