Can't connect to board to the Vesc tool, also no COM ports

Yup your going to need to go thru the next stage of programming attempts swd is a port on the stormcore. So with a known working esc that’s got vesc based firmware you can use that to unbrick the one you have. You’ll need to wire it up and preferably keep it short. Or buy a stlink.

The easy route is just waiting for lacroix support to get back to you. It’ll take a awhile though but they’ll respond

2 Likes

Not sure if what your saying is vesc tool or beta versions of vesc tool.

I’d say plug it in and don’t let it do the firmware update and proceeed with setup.

It should have 5.1 or 5.2 which most folks are running anyway.

When you did the firmware update did you wait the 10 seconds before power cycle?

It was this tool

Yea i waited the 10 seconds, that part had no issue as it was done thru the VESC tool main app. was on 5.2 updated to 5.3. That was step 1, step 2 was using the program in the screenshot above to write the firmware to the motors which failed

What the heck am I reading

50 cubic centimeters of electronic vagina?

1 Like

Cubic centimeter my friend know as cm³ or in non SI cc or ccm :smiley: so you don´t think it´s the slow city scooters that you can see everywhere

How does an e-scooter have 50cc? Explain that.

That screen shot doesn’t look like vesc tool. Unless I’ve been living under a rock.

2 Likes

why aren’t you uploading firmwares using VESCtool?

I am…

This is for the motor settings

… which are done in VESCtool…

1 Like

Yeah…that’s not original vesc tool that a majority of us are used to. I’m gonna say your at the mercy of lacroix for that since that seems to be a “beta” version of a redone version of vesc tool

1 Like

yeah same here, im just following the tutorial man this is the last thing i expected to happen especially while rebuying the SAME motors…

That’s really interesting, looks like they built a secondary tool that creates the configuration based their presets, and checks that against the standards they have for that specific build. Never seen that before. Must be how they config and test the Stormcores in their pre-built units. It’s a really good idea.

Their tool looks to be built around 5.2, and the motor detection was upgraded quite a bit in the 5.3 firmware which gives different results. Vedder has said 5.3 really should have been called 6.0 because of the amount of changes from 5.2. If you are going to use their tool, which is comparing motor detection results against a known value range, it would make sense to leave the firmware at 5.2, and use the VESC tool 3.0 / board tool 3.0… otherwise it may think the motors are faulty because of the different results 5.3 gives.

If it’s under warranty I’d follow their instructions, but if you want to play around with it, you could try setting it up like any other VESC controller. Load the VESC tool (not the board tool), reset all defaults, run the motor wizard, then run the input wizard. Lots of YouTube videos on how to do that. Then see how it rides.

1 Like

the unit doesn’t turn on :confused:

sounds like that should be Lacroix’ problem and not yours

Was referring to this:

Yea thats my plan to just use the vesc tool. Couldn’t this be done wirelessly with the bluetooth app ?

Yes but it’s always safer to do your first setup hardwired. So that way you don’t have to reopen whatever setup you have incase Bluetooth fails for whatever reason.

2 Likes