Can you DIY with pre-built drive trains?

True, just don’t want them to overheat

1 Like

I’m having doubts with the other comments stacking.
I’m speaking strictly of the drivetrain, not the ESC.

Im guessing the esc will be able to handle more than the amount of amps the motors will be getting

Not true. I’d look for 63xx drivetrains. They have more thermal headroom. Ideally you buy some big boi motors from a vendor like @torqueboards or @Janux-esk8 or @BuildKitBoards or @Esk8supply or used from a forum member. Those Chinese drivetrain motors are ehh.

thats true, most of those are smaller then even the 6354

@maxmeyer and anyone else who decides to message me due to the post above.
Motors and wheels are gone. Deck and hangers are still here.

1 Like

ah ok , sorry for taking time. ill let you know about that

No worries bud. Got them bishes on ebay buy it now. They’re gone when they’re gone.

And you don’t want to build a DIY with bullshit complete parts leftovers. That’s the whole reason to leave that stuff behind. It sucks.

no no dont worry, i was just asking this question because I was curious. Im using full on diy parts and building with no completes

Could I replace the drivetrain on an exway flex riot with a boosted drivetrain? Looking for a drivetrain to work with my board but am not finding much out there. Any tips? What do I get?

1 Like

I was looking at the boosted drivetrain that they have available from the boosted guys, not pretty good value at all but certainly not incredibly overpriced.

unless u have a way to reprogram the esc, or else it won’t work. power delivery / sensors and kv values are all different, and hobbywing esc have tight tolerance on those unless its the latest latest gen version which ships with wowgo knight and whatever hobbywing board releases after that.

1 Like

Darn. Thanks guys.

buy a wowgo knight belt version and pull the drivetrain from that, it might even be cheaper lol

edit: they are the same drivetrain from boosted stealth

1 Like

But it won’t be BOOSTED

You know they’re the best, because they’re the number one in the market and all the social media influencers love them.

Obviously the peak of possible performance.

All I want is motors that work with the Exway Flex ESC and trucks to go with em

1 Like

If you contacted exway possibly they would sell you a drivetrain that was returned to them for a warranty issue on a different part of the board.

i guess I just have to wait for someone to sell a flex drivetrain and front truck

1 Like

even exway x1 riot (riot v1) doesn’t work on flex esc, ur best bet would only be the wave drivetrain

ok thanks