Can run 2 Battery Packs with BMS in parallel

I can see a few potenchal issues by doing this

1 if the charge ports are seprat you charge the other pack thro the output main joins bypass the BMS protections thro the main discharge joint

2nd If you link the charge ports you can end up with current passing thro the charge ports in to the other pack every time you draw a load of the packs don’t have identical internal resistance

3rd say pack 1 has a P group at 4.2 rest at 3.7
Pack 2 had all its p groups at 3.8

Pack 1 will shut down the charge but pack 2 will keep charging with it back feeding donwn the load joint over charging the p group in pack 1

Basicly you defeat the point of having a BMS

It will work but so dose useing li-ion with out a BMS. The question to ask your self is it safe?

yeah, lot’s of work opening packs… and moving shit around…not a fan…

the parallel set worked pretty well for me for a long time…
i also make a parallel connector for the charging ports, so i just charged them both at the same time with one charger.

really, it was very easy and simple solution without messing with the pack.

now i have the two little packs in two separate little builds.

1 Like

if u don’t replace the esc with something better, the revel kit esc won’t pull more amps than what it is programmed to do, same goes for motor amps. what u did effectively only add to the range of the kit, with a heavier board as a trade off. for me, i would rather have the second battery in my backpack, and swap it, so the board is as light as possible.

@frame.b022 i went full diy as in i dont use hobbywing no more. the only components i kept from the revel kit was the packs and motors for now everything else was changed.

That having multiple batteries didnt do dick for me range wise at all after spending $1600 to $1800 on 4wd kit with 4 batteries and could barely do 15miles after draining all 4 packs wasnt a fun experience imo.

And 4wd revel kit vs my current diy it was way heavier since its enclosures was made with alot of metal and motor barely had any power to push that weight, so hence the dead weight that i mentioned before. Not to mention the all the extra chargers and stuff i had to carry in my bag just to ride around with it.