Can motorcycle airbag vests be made to work for esk8?

Could corded airbag vests be made to work? There are cheap ones on amazon for 100-200, and good ones for 500-1000.

I think the answer is yes if you use bindings, but I have doubts about their utility when I’m not strapped in.
The problem is If I try to run off rather than fall, my air bag will blow and I will fall on my face. If I make the cord longer the airbag will not have inflated before I hit the ground. Anyone see a way around this?

2 Likes

Seems like overkill at esk8 speeds, no? You’d be better off with pads or upgrade to leathers if you really need to

2 Likes

If you fall on the ground and you’re young then maybe. But some people here have definitely broken or fractured bones from falls. Heck, I’m interested in this purely because it looks to be slightly less bulky than regular, padded protection, and this will actually protect me better if I get hit by a car or something :smiley:

My main concern is what happens if the weight of the board isn’t enough to trigger the airbag :grimacing: Having it trigger by accident when you manage to run off isn’t too big of a deal I think, since the CO2 canister is replaceable on this.

2 Likes