Can I skate wet streets or in the rain?

Hey guys. The newbie is back.

This time? Am I good to ride in the rain or on wet streets? Haven’t had any trouble so far?

But do you guys avoid it? Any way to waterproof my build?

Thanks!

1 Like

Get an EUC

5 Likes

Fuck man, 10 seconds late

5 Likes

9 Likes

I’m good. I like my board

1 Like

Avoid as much as possible. Your bearings will likely need replacing as well if you go ride through them unless you do the proper treatment right after riding. Electronics are different matter as well so it’s not worth the trouble imo

5 Likes

I recently drove through the rain with my abec 11 107mm wheels. Normal streets are fine but be carefull with smooth parts, like streets made out of some kind of smooth brick or the road markings on the street. Also I drifted through a corner which would have been bad if a car suddenly appeared. Long story short try to avoid it with normal thane wheels imo.

4 Likes

Absolutely yes, but you need to skate just like if you were a car driving in the snow. Like you have very little traction.

Don’t turn unless you’re going REALLY slow. Going straight you can go a bit faster. Beware of painted road markings as @Creavenger mentioned.

Also, this is assuming you’ve made your board BOTH waterproof and water-resistant. Either one alone is not enough. And wetness will accelerate bearing wear by ten times or more. Brine will accelerate bearing wear by about 1000 times or more.

7 Likes

Haha. This is exactly why I like having my euc. Rainy days :metal:

2 Likes

EUC? what is that, for the rest of the class?

2 Likes

Electric unicycle :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ayy, is that your msuper x?

1 Like

Yessir! It just turned a year old. 1100 miles in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oww, I’m getting my today if tracking is right

84v or 100v?

1 Like

is this why you ditched your 10s12p build?! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you will always ride in the rain get the Gummies from Trampa, apart from pneumatics it’s the only thane wheel that I’ve tried that the grip is almost the same when wet

1 Like

84v - I purchased it before 100v was a standard option.

1 Like

First rain of the Fall this morning, getting my ATB done just in time.

I will be able to skate on wet roads this season!

Well. I would not suggest it, but look at the bright side if there are short circuit cause fire your in luck the rain definitely put out the fire.lol

no it was because my enclosure got botched.

1 Like