Can anyone provide a vital forum favor? VX4 update.

The flipsky video, with happy tune and chinese words, is useless.

Is anyone capable of giving simple instructions? My unit will be here in days. There seems to be ONLY one guide I can find. The stupid Flipsky happy tune one.

We have every possible type of youtube instruction video, but esk8 is sparse.

Also, anyone have a schematic of how to REWIRE for ppm and uart?

vx4 isn’t a ppm remote, so that option is out the window

as for uart, if it doesn’t work when u plug it in, just swap the rx/tx wire on the jst connector

1 Like

They say it will work as uart, ppm and uart and ppm.

huh i just looked it up, guess indeed they do, but telemtry won’t work in that setup? idk

wiring is just this

start here: Flipsky VX4 Three Control Mode PPM/UART/PPM and UART Electric Skateboard Remote - YouTube

2 Likes

You can use them both to get the best of both worlds.
I haven’t done this personally because uart has worked really well for me especially after we got the deadband reduced on our stock.

1 Like

I made a kind of long one if you’re into that sort of thing

2 Likes

If you ordered a new remote then it should already have the latest firmware on it. So no need to worry about updating it.

Also their wiring diagrams leave out the factv that in either mode you need to to connect bat+ (a separate wire from the connector) To the battery. Their diagrams make it appear unneeded when using UART mode, but it is actually needed if you want the remote to display the battery’s charge level.

1 Like

It’s not a PPM remote. It has UART and PWM. VESC mislabels PWM as “PPM”.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I was hoping for long and strong. It seems to tax all your mojo as well. I liked your rant at the end.

1 Like

I bought a new flipsky 6.7 dual to replace my unreplaceable 6.6 dual. And the vx2 worked for a bit, then, caused stutters in throttle only. Then nothing. And so, I tried everything, to wake up the potentiometer. Couldnt get it to register no matter what I did. Yet it registered the battery. etc. And so, I like having the ppm and uart function, just in case my uart circuit is somehow screwed.

Thus, being able to control throttle, thru ppm, is a workaround.

Haha thanks bro, hopefully you found it at least a little bit useful

Wiring diagram :+1:

2 Likes