Caguama 77a/80a/83a - Speed vs Sliding

I can’t slide these eSk8 monsters.

But the blue Caguamas are probably my favorite wheels.

I can do little backside reverts on them but that is barely sliding.

I have had a huge chunk on one. But probably a freak accident.

They do suffer from little cracks all over.

So maybe get the orange ones.

I also loved the blue kegels and started buying the orange ones and they are also very comfortable.

5 Likes

Is this a colour preference? Or is there some magic performance enhancements?

I was under the impression the 77a is not for sliding. Have you been able to master them?

Yep thinking that the orange is the way to go. Everyone seems to love the blue but there is a mixed experience with chunking.

I can always change the wheels, so it’s not a big deal.

2 Likes

Tbh I use my board more for transportation and I was born to be late for things. So I normally go zoom zoom rather than fuck around, and these things got brakes so I don’t see the point of sliding other than for fun.
But I do from time to time carve and cruise around and have the wheels break free. And sure at least in my opinion softer grippier wheels are harder to handle when they finally break free.

The orange ones are ass in my opinion.

The blue turns into puke. And got to match that carbon :dancer:t3:

Btw this is after I swapped my front wheels to the back. They have about 800-900 km in that photo. So really it’s only the driving wheels that gets abused.

And this is the current state of what used to be the back wheels, after about 1000 or so km. they are dusty and nasty so the colour is misleading.
sorry for the pizza flowered crotch.

3 Likes