Caguama 77a/80a/83a - Speed vs Sliding

I am after some advice for wheels, he’s some information about the build for more context:

• Loaded Cantellated Tesseract
  • 12s3p Molicel p42a
  • Stormcore 60D
  • Dual 6374 190kv

I’m pretty set on getting some caguamas and am just wondering what peoples opinion/experience with the caguama 77a/80a/83a is like. I understand the higher duro means harder thane, less comfort, easier to slide, etc… I want to be able to go 50+ kph and also dabble in some slides (I should mention I have minimal experience in sliding though).

I was originally thinking about getting the purple 83a, however I’m now thinking it might be better to go a bit softer for more control with the orange 80a. Or, am I asking for trouble and should go with the blue 77a?

Thanks.

p.s. Sorry if this is in the wrong topic or has been discussed before.

2 Likes

Most folks prefer 77A for eskating because they don’t want to slide at all.

Body weight also matters a little bit.

6 Likes

Just as a warning my 77A Caguamas chunked and cracked a lot, and that is not sliding, superglue on it every week

1 Like

I have the blue soft cags on my single 6374 cantellated tesseract. They’re good. How’re you fitting 2/6374 on a tesseract? What trucks? I still need decent risers to avoid wheelbite on full lock

2 Likes

Look I’ll admit I’m not sure if it’s going to work, I’m kind of winging it. And I don’t have all the parts yet. But I was planning on using some 218 caliber trucks and having the motors inward mounted (might not be enough room for that). Do you have a build thread so I can have a look?

Nope. :smiley:
Have some pics on here tho.

3 Likes

Nice work! I doubt mine will look that good. What trucks are those? Have you thought about going wider trucks for dual motors?

1 Like

Caliber 2.
Not on this build. Always planned as a single.
Have dual sk3s on my Hummie build
Also neoHUBS on another cantellated tesseract
Any way too many other plans…

2 Likes

I just wouldn’t recommend the 77a for high speed eskate

7 Likes

How many miles?
FORSCIENCE :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Damn that’s a big chunk! I’m thinking the 80a might be the way to go.

2 Likes

I’d love to hear some thoughts from @rafaelinmissouri or @Skatardude10 :grin:

2 Likes

I use the kegal 80A brakes are a issue have to limit them in vesc settings to avoid sliding prefer the feeling over wobbly 107. Not finished the board with 77a caguma yet

1 Like

77a is the the best bar bar none the rest are ass for for us electric Folke’s. it is a consumable though, you have to dye it black. Synthetic rit dye works the best imo. You first 50 miles or so try to ride on nice Pavement and progressively carve harder to break in the wheels. You can also use a file or sandpaper to smooth the corners out a little bit. And after 400-600 miles swap the back and front wheels around. The back wheels are what gets torn up.

3 Likes

holy shit dude, and I thought im the one who has bad roads everywhere and still refuse to use pneumatic tyres :joy:

1 Like

i’d say about 200-300 miles man, they were still new even the top surface didnt discolor or anything

i would recommend going for something bigger, i upgraded to the evolve 97mm and claimed 77a and they never chip so i think the only problem with the caguamas is the size

i mean i have pneumatics and i have the street wheels, but i would rather take all the bumps and rocks in my heart but at the end its worth it feeling the super smooth streets and feeling like u are riding a longboard and not a monster truck

3 Likes

with the non stop road construction everywhere i go, i just feel like the first day of me putting on pneumatic, its gonna get punctured within the first 20km :joy:
im just not ready to keep replacing those, those airless big wheels might worth a try, but not tyres

1 Like

The Evolve wheels use China 'thane

The Caguama are California 'thane

1 Like