(CAD) Anyone know a cheap spot welder under $200 / battery advice wanted

At first I was hoping to buy the bifrc $50 mini handheld spot welder from aliexpress. Was nott sure it would be able to do pure nickel. I’m convinced the demo videos for all the spot welders on aliexpress use nickel plated steel because it’s much easier to weld and then they can say it welds 0.15mm or 0.2 nickel. I looked for a higher quality welder from Ali but this is the best I could find without breaking the bank and I just found out it can’t weld nickel only nickel plated steel…

…Does anyone know a complete spot welder with battery, pen/tips, and charger under $200? I only want to build 1 battery and I don’t want to spend close to the cost of the battery on the welder. Anyone in Ontario have one I can borrow? Also I may be building a 16p battery with 100A bms so I would max 6a per cell and probably 2a continuous and series connection would be silicone wire. Could I just get the $50 spot welder and use 3x0.15 nickel plated steel or would 0.45mm NPS not be able to handle a few amps?

1 Like

those welders arent worth it they will blow up and be awful

the cheapest is prob malectrics + a car battery

if its just to weld a single pack then a welder usually isnt worth it to buy. get someone to build or at least weld the p groups for you ( @ZachTetra and @skyart both are great)

but believe from someone who had a sunkko and it was absoloutely awful that cheap welders are rubbish

2 Likes

where are you located?

I use malectrics + Lipos, works perfect. Was about 200€ with lipos. Lipos just need a good rating

2 Likes

Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I know about malecetrics but that’s out of my budget with a lipo + charger.

1 Like

if you can do it with a car battery that could work out cheaper

2 Likes

Which lipo do you use with it ?

1 Like

Are we talking $200CAD or USD? USD would give you a little bit more wiggle room.

I’ve been using the boss welder with a graphene lipo for maybe 3 years now and it’s still running great. The total of everything was probably more like $200USD.

I think the only other option to do it for even cheaper would be to really go DIY with it. I liked the ease of use of the boss welder. Worth the money imo.

1 Like

I use 4x 11,1V 1300 MAH 75C LIPO in parralel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a crazy load of ampers

1 Like

Get the cheap welder. Use .15 nickel but get some real wide stuff for higher amps or double it up.

3 Likes

I swear by this.

3 Likes

I have using their spot welder together with automobile battery connection kit for almost a year, powered it by my auto battery, still working great.

2 Likes