BUY MY BATTERIES 🔋

Hmm how much for 5 1s3p batteries? I’m thinking about using these to replace the nimh batteries in my rc car…

1 Like

Makes it go faster

4 Likes

Mosquiteo

1 Like

Maybe 15$ to weld them up but otherwise 1$ a cell. And shipping.

1 Like

I only asked because in the Original post you made it sound like you wanted to sell them in minimums of 50…

K I need to go make sure the voltages can line up with the existing esc in the car… and that my charger will work…

I’ll get back to you.

1 Like

Any left can i order at least 12 to the uk please
((begging emoji)man hug)) want to make a 12v battery for a motorbike.
Thanks

That’s sounds like expensive shipping. I’d rather not ship so far unless u buy a lot. 50 minimum.

Anyone wanna check my math on this?

My rc car uses 7s nimh for a nominal voltage or 8.4 volts. Some quick research that freshly charged they can measure at up to 1.4 volts which yields a max voltage of 9.8 volts.

3s of these at 3.3 volts yields a max of 9.9 with a low voltage cutrof at 6 volts. The esc has a cutoff mode for 2s lipo of 6.4 meaning these would get cut off at 2.13 volts/cell.

Am I missing something or would that be within (ish) the safety margins of a generic cheap hobbywing car esc?

I guess worst case scenario i turn this old car into a fireball… which could be fun…

Ok anyone from the uk want to do a group buy?
Min order is 50 and we split them down?

I want 12,

What esc are you running in the rc?

Unrelated, what rc are you running?

3.4v is pretty much capacity for these.

I see pretty much 1.5 for full charge of nimh cells
So 10.5 or 11v full charge. I’d do 4 of lifepo4 in series

Its a helion criterion with the stock esc… I wasn’t able to find much info on the esc…

I bought it off craigslist a few years ago for $50 so if it dies i won’t be too sad…

need a new battery so bad but don’t have any tools/knowhow to make my own out of these…

pls help :weary:

additionally- how much would it be to ship to colorado? shouldn’t be too bad I think

2 Likes

For those interested in a review…
I bought 96 of them and so far they are testing out great.

Initial voltage for the cells I spot checked are all 3.3v.

I’ve tested about 5 of them and they all hold their voltage at around 3.3-3.2 under a 5 amp load.

With a 2.0 volt cutoff I was able to pull at least 2450ma from each cell I’ve tested.

I’m using my hobby charger to do the testing so it’s not the most scientific thing out there but these do seem to work as advertised.

4 Likes

If you charge these batteries to 3.65v, within a couple hours they go down to 3.5 area and then after 8 or 12 hours they go all the way down to 3.25 and thats where they settle if im remembering correctly. I just made a 12s4p pack of these a123 and ive been monitoring the voltage with a smart bms. I bet 3 would be good for you, idk if you’d have to wait a few hours for voltage drop or if you could just charge them to 3.3 volts ish with your old charger… i would think that would work but im no expert

2 Likes

wish i had waited on my purchase… bought 30 of these A123 for a 14s2p nese module 2 months ago. darn it. these are great though. all of mine were exactly 3.31 volts when i received them

4 Likes

Still have any left?

1 Like

Any left? Shipping from? :slight_smile:

Many left here in Sausalito ca.

2 Likes

Hey man, pretty positive ill take 60 of them. need a battery for my pneumi winter board. thinkin 14s3p and might as well have some extras. just thinking i could use a few days to make sure im making the right decision… you gonna run out anytime soon?