BUY MY BATTERIES ๐Ÿ”‹

The motor and that esc arenโ€™t stressed at 50v peak n very commonly done and well within the esc specs. The motor itโ€™s no problem and u could do maybe like 30s till it finally flies apart

1 Like

Well I have a floatwheel and Iโ€™d be interested!

1 Like

Yeah I said 14s because these batteries off the charger only go to 3.65v / cell, which at 14s is 51.1V but the second you draw any energy the cell sags down to 3.4v (~47V) and stays there for the entirety of the discharge cycle, well within limits for a mk5.

1 Like

ok it sounds pretty safe so can i get a good deal for a 1kw pack, my current one barely gets 4 km

Its going to be close to 25lbs and the size of a 12s15p of 18650s. So maybe 2x 14s5ps that you can hot-swap would make more sense?

i would prefer it a single pack because i would carry both anyway idk im trying to fit it on top of the board in a box

the tires are 8 inches so i think thats how much wh i would need to go like 25 km on bad road

I might be interested. Trying to finish and sort out batteries for 3 ebikes Iโ€™m slowly building. Space and weight are obviously less of an issue here, and I do like the lifespan and fire safety that these cells offer. My main problem, besides lack of time is that I donโ€™t have a spot welder or battery building supplies. Might have to correct that thoughโ€ฆ

2 Likes

Iโ€™d be more than happy to use my floatwheel as our testing platform.

1 Like

wait how tf would you ship a 25lb battery without getting the bomb squad called on you

2 Likes

12s lifepo4 is basically equivalent to a 10s lithium-ion battery, voltage wise.

3 Likes

Carefully.

2 Likes

Youโ€™d need to get a bigger box than that current one youโ€™ve got.

14s9p of these is absolutely gigantic

For reference, the 12s6p I built in flat style was nearly two inches thick from the double stack, and then like nearly 20 inches long

3 Likes

yeah i know the box i have now is tiny but its housing a small battery

well would it be possible to fit such a 14s monster on the board or would it take too much space?

shii it dont matter for 100$ ill carry that shit in a bag

1 Like

I think its was like 90% of the capacity is between 3.2 and 3.4v which is ideal and u donโ€™t lose speed and power throughout the discharge abs u also donโ€™t sag down to 3.4 as youโ€™re already there. So like maybe 14s if doing regen or up to like 17s if no regen. And charge to 3.4v a cell.

ye fam im pretty much trying to get long range out of it so if i can get a pack for cheap cuz im broke that would be ideal lol

I doubt youโ€™ll find nearly as many watt hours or cycles for the money as anything else out there. And then charge in like 5minutes!!! The charge time on these beats maybe anything as well.
Or with these can do a really small battery and still be able to do huge power, but short range

alright onto more practical information can you build a 14โ€™s pack with 1kwh ? estimate dimensions and price?