Bustin Hybrid Sportster Review

I just reread this thread again, @Digemupdave where abouts are you?

And you have two bustin boards right?

1 Like

Was gonna ask this same question lmao

1 Like

Speaking for Dave (I’m sure he won’t mind ) he has indeed purchased the same V2 x model as me but after feeling disappointment in its performance like myself he managed to find a new old stock V1 X model that apparently had a stronger power curve and more torque but rather harsh with it . But at least it is supposed to deliver the top speed and has the get up that we thought it would have . It arrives this week so we shall see .

As my board has only covered 8 miles and is unmarked I might see if I can sell it before I get into using it and it doesn’t have that new look anymore .

3 Likes

Just went for a quick speed run, after a tune up on the stability with a 43deg baseplate on the rear and @RipTideSports bushings and pivot cups. It was so much more stable this time. This stuff works magic! But reaching 25mph proved a little too quick for my tired self… for my body weight of 73kg this board hauls ass. Maybe next time… i’m happy for now. Thanks Brad!

3 Likes

Not sure how V2 could be worse than V1… the latest should always be an improvement no?

It’s not so much worse dude ,rather they’ve smoothed out the curve due to complaints about the sharpness of the V1 but in doing so they’ve made the power delivery very gradual if you weigh more than 70-80lbs clothed . So while the V2 might seem more refined that the V1 it’s still not smooth like the evolved of boosted boards that I’ve tried in the past . But from what these other members are say ref the junkass esc used that will be the reason .

1 Like

$80 with remote on wowgo:

2 Likes

I don’t think so, most ESC’s are locked to one remote (HW for sure are). That’s one of the many perks of VESC over ESC

1 Like

That is basically the Hobbywing upgrade that is now in most chinesk8

Its a very good unit for a non vesc. Smooth linear power curve and better low down torque.

1 Like

So am I right in thinking if I installed a VESC in place of the current one I could keep the same remote it currently has ?

no you can’t unbind a remote to an esc unfortunately. atleast not for hobbywing esc’s. So you can’t use the remote that’s bound to that bustin’ esc on any other esc than that one. However, if you get a VESC you can hook up any 2.4 ghz receiver and transmitter to that VESC. @b264 do you have a more elegant way of explaining this perhaps?

1 Like

Cheers you’ve answered my question as I now know I can’t use my remote if I start to mod the boards esc .thanks

2 Likes

Not even lingYi’s latest version ESC?

1 Like

You can pair LingYis to a few different types.

4 Likes

I got my order canceled! This is great.

Instead ordered two YoFace blem decks. One for push and one for the Neo hubs.
… looking for an enclosure now …

5 Likes

I’ve got mine up for sale at the mo :roll_eyes:

Please guys that have chipped in on this thread don’t shoot me down or laugh but ,honest opinion please on the Boosted Stealth . Now firstly I wouldn’t pay the 1400 uk pounds for it end of ,but I’ve been offered a brand new one for £650 and after reading a fare few reviews it seems to really only get a bashing on the range although if I see 10 miles that would be enough for my rides .As said go easy on me as I know it might look like “gee couldn’t you find another brand” ,like I couldn’t think of another name but torque,braking ,smooth power curve all seems pretty solid with them ,and it won’t break the bank .:smirk:

If you want a prebuilt for 650 gbp, a stealth may be good, my opinion, if I weren’t into more power, and okay with prebuilt, ~45% off is aight.

Thats exactly what i thought about the v2 but from what i can gather dualomo first made the v1s before they were fully in bed with bustinboards, im pretty sure the v1s just used bustins 35" sportster deck and everything else was done by dualomo, soon as bustin boards was fully on board, excuse the pun ha ha thats when everything went a bit tame :frowning::frowning::frowning: but we’ll see this week, as soon as i know then you guys will know :grin::grin: and i give true reviews :+1: if its shit I’ll tell you its shit :handshake::handshake:

5 Likes
1 Like